Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Board of Fame (x2)

elkrchr

I found an old 2 x 10 board on the shores of the Missouri River last fall and immediately had an idea for how to use it. I brought it home and let it sit in the garage over the winter while trying to find someone locally who had a horizontal bandsaw. After locating someone with a horizontal bandsaw, he agreed to cut the board in half for me and then ran in through his brush sander. I brought it home, slapped on a coat of poly and proceeded to attach three mule deer euro's to one board and three whitetail euro's to its' mate. I really like how they turned out, especially the beat up and worn ends of the boards.

Attachments

• IMG_0724.jpeg
    IMG_0724.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0725.jpeg
    IMG_0725.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 70
They look great! Cool idea, nice to repurpose something like that. Thanks for sharing!

The dark wood definitely contrasts well with the white skulls of the euro mounts. Looks great.

zpooch,

Yes, I shot the middle whitetail in the eye socket. It was an offhand, rushed shot just before dark. Dropped instantly. My buddy and I got over to him and I immediately noticed his eyes were closed. I yelled at my buddy who gotten between the buck and a barbed wire fence. As I yelled, the buck was on his feet charging my buddy. I was in a safe position and hip shot at him from about 3-feet hitting him through the front shoulders. My buddy dove out of the way (the buck hit him in the boots) and buck crashed into the barb wire fence, thrashing and kicking and ultimately ripped a wooden post completely out of the ground along with a bunch of barbed wire. I shot him through the heart to finish him off. If my buddy had not dove out of the way, he would have been in a world of hurt. I now have a whole new appreciation for what "adrenaline" can do in both animals and humans!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back