Yeti GOBOX Collection

Blackhorn 209 powder

I have seen it show up at a few stores out East but nothing in the Midwest yet, there web said may 17 they were set to ship but don’t say where.

Sportsman Warehouse in person in Portland Oregon has some in stock as of Saturday. If you have a Sportsman's near you it might be work a check.

Rich

Western Powders, the manufacturer of Blackhorn 209, was purchased by Hodgdon in late 2020. There was a hiccup in the supply chain related to that, but it was supposed to be ironed out this spring. I saw some on Brownells a week or two ago but it was gone in a day.

This is not going in a good direction, blackhorn is getting really tough to come by. I ran some 777 and shoots ok but what a pain to work with, and my groups with the paramount were not quite as tight.

Just looked it’s gone, story of my life just like fishing you should have been here yesterday.

20210824_214430.jpg

Shots 4, 5, and 6 with blackhorn (100 by volume) at 100 yds. 250 gr hornady sabots out of a cva wolf. Shots 1, 2, 3 grouped just as well but low right, so I made the adjustment on the scope. I'm pretty happy with that for the first time ever shooting this combo (actually first time shooting any loose powder rather than pelletized).

Next time out I'll see how it looks at 200. Not planning on shooting that far hunting, but I still wanna know what I'm dealing with at that range. I'll probably limit myself at 150 for pronghorn hunting this year, should be plenty doable. I'm half tempted to hunt mule deer with this combo this year actually.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back