MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Black Eagle Spartan Arrows?

WVmike

Does anyone have experience with black eagle spartan arrows? I currently have been using gold tip 340 for a 28 inch draw. I like the gold tips but I'd like to get a new set of arrows and all I've ever used is gold tip. Any opinions and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

This will be my first season with them. I'm running a bit behind since I decided to rebuild my arrows after I was told that my arrows were way undersized. Just finished the build, adjusting my sights now. We'll see.

I have some. So-so results with them so far. The insert doesn’t sit completely flush with the arrow and has a slight taper. I lost one insert in a bag target where the insert was hanging up. I usually shoot a 340 spine arrow but went to 300’s with the Spartans and added insert weight. They shoot great with my 100 grain field points but I’ve gotten wild, inconsistent groups with most of the 100 or 125 grain broadheads I tried. I did get 125 viper tricks to shoot well but lack of confidence led me to buy some 340 axis right before season. No issues getting them to shoot. I’m going to go down to my local bow shop with the Spartans and see if we can get them to shoot, if not I’ll probably sell them

I’ve been shooting Gold Tip for over a decade. I recently went to a 300 spine GT Hunter XT and they’ve been great. I noticed the Black Eagle Carnivore arrows had a lighter gpi than the GT arrows, so I ordered some of those as well. I haven’t had a chance to shoot anything with them yet. However, they have proven to be accurate to 50 yds for me.

I haven’t had any issues with either brand arrow. Maybe I can shoot a buck this year and report back on the BE arrows.

I’ve been shooting Gold Tip for over a decade. I recently went to a 300 spine GT Hunter XT and they’ve been great. I noticed the Black Eagle Carnivore arrows had a lighter gpi than the GT arrows, so I ordered some of those as well. I haven’t had a chance to shoot anything with them yet. However, they have proven to be accurate to 50 yds for me.

I haven’t had any issues with either brand arrow. Maybe I can shoot a buck this year and report back on the BE arrows.

any luck using the black eagles this season? Was looking at the carnivore and rampage models.

I ended up getting good flight with my Spartans and broadheads after some rest adjustments. I shot a whitetail doe with one in December. Results (pass through and dead within 30 yards) were as I would have expected from any decent arrow. I’m planning to keep shooting mine

I have use many black eagles over the past few years. The rampages, Spartans, and X Impacts mainly. i am a Long Draw so i am shooting the 250 spine arrows. The toughest have been the ximpacts, followed by the rampages and then spartans. a lot of that is probably the insert choice. I have used the standard half outs, the firenock half outs and IW HIT system in the rampages. The IW system is superior to the others. For the X impacts, i have used the BE FOCOS system, the ethics system and IW Deep 6 HIT system. Again the IW system takes the cake. for the rampages I just used the standard factory insert with 50g of brass in the back. Out of my 12 arrows i built all but two cracked, and they all cracked going down the shaft from the insert end about three inches. I am going to chalk this up to being a thinner walled arrow than the other two. If i shoot them again i will go with the ethics system on the spartan arrows. And out of the three arrows the spartans were the ones i shot the best overall. I have yet to shoot as good with any other arrow set up i have tried so i may go back to them soon.

I like them. Excellent stainless onserts that you can easily add weight to, nock collars are stainless as well....good tolarenecs and they are sturdy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back