Black Camo ?!?

Trigger50

What do you guys think @ this? Saw an antelope hunting show the other day & the so-called hunting celebs said that they were wearing all black because the antelope mistake them for cattle. Maybe it's just like the cow decoy thing. Haha. I laughed alittle as they were marching around in all black. On their exclusive hunt it probably didnt matter what they were wearing. On the same note...have you guys had much luck with the cow decoy thing? I have a cow decoy & have had limited success. The 1st year that I used the cow decoy...it worked great. It was too easy. But the last 2 yrs, I have had miminal success w the cow decoy.

I've killed them in full camo, but I've also NOT killed them in full camo. No luck ever with a decoy or a "be the decoy" either. I wear black in the blind. Maybe they got tired of sitting in the blind and tried chasing them down :D

I've killed them in full camo, but I've also NOT killed them in full camo. No luck ever with a decoy or a "be the decoy" either. I wear black in the blind. Maybe they got tired of sitting in the blind and tried chasing them down :D

Nebraska public land antelope have not been fooled by BTD or the black cow and I have tried both at least 50+ times. Not saying they don't work anywhere but on highly pressured animals I have had Zero success with either.

On my hunt this year in NV, I had about 800 yards of open ground to cross with nothing but about 50 head of cattle scattered about. We had the sun low at our back. I had the wife put her hands in my back pockets and we bent over and did the cow. I just meandered across the opening, never walking straight at the antelope or any of the cattle. Worked great and we got behind a juniper within range with no problem.

On my hunt this year in NV, I had about 800 yards of open ground to cross with nothing but about 50 head of cattle scattered about. We had the sun low at our back. I had the wife put her hands in my back pockets and we bent over and did the cow. I just meandered across the opening, never walking straight at the antelope or any of the cattle. Worked great and we got behind a juniper within range with no problem.

So your saying theres a chance? :D

I don't know if I could ever get a buddy to do this for me. We need pics. :D

Dress like a farmer....(with an orange vest/hat)

_MG_9739-L.jpg

Toadslayer

Just make sure there are no bulls in the pasture or at least you're the head end of the cow!

Back