Bison hunt the grand Grand Canyon

An intrepid person could probably just back pack into the area and collect a lot of shanks, tongues, livers and hearts during the volunteer weekends since they publishing the times of when the cull will happen. Haha 😂

Right up there with the “goat hunt” the NPS put on in Olympic National Park last fall.

I have to believe with hindsight being 20/20, when they were making rules for the National park system they would make it easier to manage wildlife. Perhaps just a sign of the times, but everything is so drawn out and legislated. Read somewhere the hunt in ONP had something like pages upon pages of what type of ammunition/components you were allowed to use. This Grand Canyon shoot I’m sure will be no different.

Also why I only maintain a moderate level of physical fitness, limits me right out of these hardcore opportunities. 😂

I guess I'm the minority here. I put my name in the hat. So what if I am used for 5 days as a pack mule. I doubt at any point in my life otherwise will I get to see a buffalo killed, butchered, and hopefully in my cooler. I have done a lot more for a lot longer with no reward. I guess if they do draw my name I will let you know the good or the bad of it.

I read the fine print this morning and for a non-AZ resident (maybe AZ residents too?), you would have to pay to have your fingerprints taken and submitted to the FBI. That's $40, at least around here, on top of the $65 application fee that goes to AZ. It is not clear to me whether you have to do this before you apply? Or only if you are selected.

I guess I'm the minority here. I put my name in the hat. So what if I am used for 5 days as a pack mule. I doubt at any point in my life otherwise will I get to see a buffalo killed, butchered, and hopefully in my cooler. I have done a lot more for a lot longer with no reward. I guess if they do draw my name I will let you know the good or the bad of it.
Very good point. Would be a heck of an experience!

I read the fine print this morning and for a non-AZ resident (maybe AZ residents too?), you would have to pay to have your fingerprints taken and submitted to the FBI. That's $40, at least around here, on top of the $65 application fee that goes to AZ. It is not clear to me whether you have to do this before you apply? Or only if you are selected.
The gov’t already has my prints, probably my DNA, they vaccinated me against anthrax and smallpox, and for all I know, they might of stuck a chip in me when they fused my neck vertebrae at Bethesda. I’ll pay for another background check...even if it isn’t a true hunt, if I get to take home a Buffalo, that’s a lot cheaper than the butcher at Costco!

and if you get to keep the meat, you will enjoy it.. Although the wood bison and muskoxen are possibly the easiest two animals we hunt, the meat is plentiful and delicious. We consider any hunt a good one, as we are in the great outdoors doing what we enjoy. I hope you get drawn and whats the worst than can happen ? Going on this hunt does not disqualify you from other hunts, does it. As far as the government knowing who we are, IMHO, they already know who we are. I think I first had fingerprints taken in order to do something I wanted to do in college. They already "know" me. I would go if I was a U.S. citizen

I can see the headline now, "Hunters murder hundreds of free range Bison, National Parks Service employees don't intervene to stop slaughter ".

I and a hunting partner both applied. We don't get the opportunity to pursue many bison in Mississippi, regardless of the outcome. The fee's associated with it are much lower than, say, Montana's bison tag fee....so heck yeah, we applied.

I and a hunting partner both applied. We don't get the opportunity to pursue many bison in Mississippi, regardless of the outcome. The fee's associated with it are much lower than, say, Montana's bison tag fee....so heck yeah, we applied.
🤦‍♂️

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back