Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Bison Hide Tanning

Schaaf

I acquired a bison this fall and my wife says I need to get his hide out of our deep freeze. Anyone have suggestions on the best way or a recommendation for a place to get a bison hide tanned?

Once salted and dried it will fit in a box, a big box.
We shipped ours to Moyle and it was not cheap but not overly expensive.

I've shipped frozen hair-on elk via ups ground during the winter. Double bag it and into a heavy duty cardboard box. Elk hides get from Colorado to Minn in a few days with no issues during the winter.

Who does Kent M send capes to? He has a quick turnaround on stuff, might be able to get your hide back to you quicker if he sends it in.

Not to derail this thread, but anyone want to buy a frozen bison hide off a 3 year old bull? $100.00 or obo. I travel to eastern MT once a month in case some one wanted to meet me.

Taxidermist sent mine off somewhere, but there is also a place in Arlee MT that has done a couple of hides for my siblings. Might be a second option to price check. I can’t attest to quality.

Check out Merlin’s Hide Out in Thermopolis, WY. Does a lot with bison hides, they might be able to help ya.

I acquired a bison this fall and my wife says I need to get his hide out of our deep freeze. Anyone have suggestions on the best way or a recommendation for a place to get a bison hide tanned?
By now you have probably done something with your Bison hide. Why not give us an update?

@Hunting Wife I’ve had a few recommendations for Moyle but I’ve been reluctant to flesh it out myself. I need to get over it and get it taken care of when things warm up a bit.
It's not necessarily recommended but I've fleshed several black bears with a pressure washer and then salted them and sent them off to Wildlife Gallery in Michigan with great results.

gave a green buff hide to the taxi. he sent it somewhere. told me I'd see it in maybe 9-12 months
and then charged me a bunch.

I've shipped frozen hair-on elk via ups ground during the winter. Double bag it and into a heavy duty cardboard box. Elk hides get from Colorado to Minn in a few days with no issues during the winter.
who in Mn did you sent it to?

Back