PEAX Equipment

Bird lovers watch in horror as hunter guns down Tundra swan that rarely appears in Florida

Hawkins said "he just broke all the rules" because duck hunters later told her that a bird can only be shot as they fly in the air.

Is that really a rule in Florida? Glad it’s not in WI, because I would be in some trouble.

Or drive a thousand miles to shoot a ground squirrel. Lots of "weird" user groups. :p
I mean, I wouldn’t do that either, but I’m sure some folks do. I suppose the difference, to me, is that you could harvest the meat and hide from the squirrels, so at least you’d get something out of it.

Just looking at a bird, might as well just use google images.

Also bird watchers are the weirdest people. People travel just to gawk at a bird?!
Ha!!! Yup. My brother had a bunch of Audubon Society folks camped in front of his house a few years ago with telescopes and cameras watching eurasian collared doves on his telephone wire.

Michigan sucks as mourning doves are protected, but not so with the invasive collared cousins. My young nephew went out to talk to the gawkers as they oohed and aaahed through their expensive glass.

"Its so cool you have these right in your yard" one of them said.

"You think that's cool, you should see how many we have in our freezer!!" he responded. I love that kid!! 😁

Hawkins said "he just broke all the rules" because duck hunters later told her that a bird can only be shot as they fly in the air.

Is that really a rule in Florida? Glad it’s not in WI, because I would be in some trouble.
No it isn't a rule in Florida. She was plainly misinformed by another "Florida man".

I mean, I wouldn’t do that either, but I’m sure some folks do. I suppose the difference, to me, is that you could harvest the meat and hide from the squirrels, so at least you’d get something out of it.

Just looking at a bird, might as well just use google images.
I am not arrogant enough to not realize I have some weird tendencies. I have been know to drive many miles and sleep in the back of a pickup to take pics of bighorns, grouse, elk and moose. Some shake their head and I get it. Doubt I will change.

Good for you though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back