Bipod for Sheep

Hatch bipod. I ended up with some in-store credit with Outdoorsmans a few years back. It’s the best Tripod ever BTW. We agreed that if they just sent me the Hatch bipod it would be a wash. Totally awesome.

Easy on easy off. Worth its weight in gold. Keep it in your pack and throw it on your pic rail when it’s go time. Easy to adjust and can even do off-camber.
Haven’t even thought about shooting over a backpack since. I know it would have come in handy for Randy on that Wyoming deer hunt i just watched.

Seeing that rifle bounce around then at one point slip off the top of that pack was hard to watch. That hunt was the best one yet btw.

Once you get used to it you can adjust without even thinking about it

I’d still take a tripod over a bipod

How do you like the Spartan w/ their ball head attachment for glassing with spotter/binos? Would like to hear the pluses and minuses of it. I am in the market for a new setup, this one is fairly intriguing to me vs installing rails on each adapter.

Thanks
I like it a lot.

Certainly not quite a stable as a typical head but it actually works pretty dang well.

The light weight part overrules any of the cons so far, I am loving it.

Thought I would bump back and forth with my Slik tripod and head and the Spartan but I haven't used my Slik at all the past several weeks.

I'll keep you posted. I have several other hunts planned through December (including a Dec AZ elk hunt) and will let you know.

How is it for glassing from?
I think it works quite well, especially if you hang your pack or something heavy off the look in the middle of it to add extra stability. We designed it to do multiple purposes so that you can pack less gear into the backcountry. For example, the legs unscrew into trekking poles, are you can turn it into a big bipad, or even a tent! When you look at it that way, you can eliminate a couple pounds of gear

I like it a lot.

Certainly not quite a stable as a typical head but it actually works pretty dang well.

The light weight part overrules any of the cons so far, I am loving it.

Thought I would bump back and forth with my Slik tripod and head and the Spartan but I haven't used my Slik at all the past several weeks.

I'll keep you posted. I have several other hunts planned through December (including a Dec AZ elk hunt) and will let you know.
Thank you for the shout out about our gear! Be sure to post any hunting pics you have from adventures this fall. I'm getting cabin fever and need to live vicariously through all of you haha

Spartan bipods all the way with the type of hunting you guys do.
An adaptor on each rifle. Job done. Bipods, tripods, quad sticks and quad sticks with a 5th leg.
A friend of mine helped Rob Gearing (owner of Spartan) develop some products.
It's all modular. Can be used as walking poles and even make a bivvy type shelter.

Light weight for hunting. It's not a zeroing tool it's a practical lightweight hunting tool

I think it works quite well, especially if you hang your pack or something heavy off the look in the middle of it to add extra stability. We designed it to do multiple purposes so that you can pack less gear into the backcountry. For example, the legs unscrew into trekking poles, are you can turn it into a big bipad, or even a tent! When you look at it that way, you can eliminate a couple pounds of gear
Can I get a demo program i promise to give feedback and products pics😁😉 I'll take a sentinel mountain series tripod with picatinny rail system and adapter, along with the javelin pro bipod and pan head adapter.

Only kidding. Those products look pretty damn sweet!

Any videos of how those transfer from one use to the other? You’ve got my attention now.

If I'm dropping that much coin for a bipod, it'll be a Ckye, not to say other options aren't outstanding.

Can I get a demo program i promise to give feedback and products pics😁😉 I'll take a sentinel mountain series tripod with picatinny rail system and adapter, along with the javelin pro bipod and pan head adapter.

Only kidding. Those products look pretty damn sweet!
Being new to this Forum, I'm not sure if people write review articles? If they do, PM me and maybe we can loan you some gear to test

If I'm dropping that much coin for a bipod, it'll be a Ckye, not to say other options aren't outstanding.
I met this guys dad at a meeting a year or so ago. He was showing me the web-site of his sons bipod and telling stories. Interesting character. He even wrote a book that was so so.
Looked up the Cyke website and the bipod is way beyond what I would want to spend on one. But if your in to competitive long range shooting, it's probably a bargain.

I met this guys dad at a meeting a year or so ago. He was showing me the web-site of his sons bipod and telling stories. Interesting character. He even wrote a book that was so so.
Looked up the Cyke website and the bipod is way beyond what I would want to spend on one. But if your in to competitive long range shooting, it's probably a bargain.
Interesting crew it sounds like. Yeah when a bipod $$ = a decent rifle $$ it makes you think twice.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back