MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Binocular 2x doubler

wyoming556

Banned
Ran across a product that made me curious the other day, a 2x binocular doubler. Did some research and found that several manufacturers including Swaro and Vortex that sell a 2x doubler that fits thier binoculars. Seems like a slick idea but I don't know if it truly a replacement for a spotting scope. Curious if anybody has tried this product and if so what you thought of it?

Swarovski 2x Doubler for the Swarovski EL & SLC Series Binoculars 49240 - The Swarovski BOOSTER is easy to assemble and fits for all EL and SLC models (except SLC 8x30 WB). Simply unscrew one of the two twist-in eyecups and screw on the booster, which transforms for example a SLC 15x56 WB to a monocular telescope with 30x magnification! This awesome package includes a soft neoprene case with belt loop.

Vortex Doubler 2X Binocular Accessory VT-2X increases the magnification of any Vortex binocular that is 32-50mm. ... The Vortex Doubler 2X is lightweight, small in size and has an adjustable eyecup. ... The Doubler 2X can handle long-distance viewing and take in high-power views. ... Just simply attach the Vortex Doubler VT2X to your Vortex binocular and you're set! ... Use the Vortex Doubler if don't want to carry heavy spotting scopes and other heavy sight gear. ... We are an Authorized US Distributor for Vortex . For our complete selection of Vortex Binocular...

Attachments

• opplanet-swarovski-2x-doubler-el-and-slc-series-binoculars-angular-view.jpg
    opplanet-swarovski-2x-doubler-el-and-slc-series-binoculars-angular-view.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 3,202
  • opplanet-vortex-2x-doubler-2x.png
    opplanet-vortex-2x-doubler-2x.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 2,990
I never did.

Ended up buying a pair of Steiner 25x80's instead. Would still be interested in hearing how they work. Seems like a great concept. I was going to buy two and just have 20x binoculars as I see much better using both eyes instead of only one through a spotter.

As long as you could focus them I don't see why it wouldn't. I am no binocular expert though.

They are OK in bright light, but you best have a small tripod to make them worth taking along if you plan on using it in place of a spotter .

Just one, by the time you buy 2 you should own at least a compact spotter instead. There is a good reason those things never really caught on well.

I have the Swaro one that I use on my 10x42's and it works good, but may not eliminate the need for spotting scope for the high country hunts. It works great in good light conditions, but hard to make out detail at dawn/dusk. For 75% of the hunting I do, it is enough to help me determine if it is worth the hike to get a closer look, but there have been many times a bull/buck way out there that my hunting buddy had clear closeup with his spotter, I had a hard time identifying a lot of detail in the antlers. A bi-pod is essential as well. I use a small light weight slik camera tripod that I use for long glassing sessions anyways. I wouldn't leave home without the monocular, but have started looking into a new spotting scope for next season for the hunts at timberline where I know I will be trying to see into basins that I will need a spotting scope for. If I had a pair of 15 x 56's, it might be a whole different story, but works pretty well with my 10 x 42's. The way I see it is to buy it, put in some time in your hunting area with it, determine for yourself if there are basins you can't see into, and if it can't reach out as far as you need, than sell it used for $100 less than you bought it. Basically risking $100 to keep yourself from spending $2K and the extra back pack weight on a spotter. Either that or make sure your hunting buddy is lugging the spotter, that works best for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back