Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Bino help

Elkhunter

OK, here is the deal. I am in the market for a good pair of binos. This will more than likely be the last pair I buy. I am deciding between Leica, Swarovski, Zeiss and Steiner, but all depends on what the best deal will be.

I am more interested in getting any input from you on whether to get a full size pair or a pair of compacts. At this time I am thinking of the full size but am undecided.

The power I am looking for will be either 8x or 10x.

Go 10X with a full size......If you do a lot of glassing, full size will do you the better job.....On horseback, just sling them from the horn.....when you are afoot, they will pay for themselves in the black timber......if you use them a lot, full size is the only way to go......If you are a curaory viewer and interested in weight, go for the lesser sizes. ;)

Elkhunter go with the full size binocs then get yourself one of them bino systems if the binocs are too heavy,it takes all the weight off your neck.

Thanks guys. I have decided to go with the full size 10x. I am going to compare the 10x42 and the 10x50 tomorrow or Monday. I am also planning on using the bino buddy. Weight isn't that much of a factor being that the horse will be carrying them in and out, but to lesson it and to keep them snug when off the horse and beating the hills on foot, the bino buddy will be nice.

Don't discount the Kahles in a full size, they have a rebate going on now and dang am I impressed. h2m

Thanks H2. I did consider them but really want the Swarofskis. I am hoping this will all pull together for me today and get either the Swarofski SLC 10x42 or the SLC 10x50. Depends on what the final price is.

Well I finally got them. After holding and looking through both the Swarovski SLC 10x42 and the 10x50, it seemed like the 10x42 were more comfortable and fit my eyes a little better. The 10x50 were considerabley heavier also. I think I am going to like these a lot.

Great choice Elkhunter.
Steve and I both use Swarovski, we have the 8x30 to keep the weight down ,we use the bino.system and have the adapter so we can use them on a tri-pod.
I would spend the money on another pair right now if I lost these.
For all the glassing & hiking we do I wouldnt go with anything smaller then what I now have.
To think I though Steve was NUT's when I first heard how much these cost LOL One good look while scouting for antelope and I was a believer!!!!
Steve's next ones will be the 10x42.

Good choice on the SLCs.
Those are the ones Greenholio has. I just bought the Swarovski EL 8.5 x 42 a few weeks ago. They rule! A little spendy though. It is pretty hard to tell the difference with the SLCs and ELs when comparing them side by side. I kind of like the 8.5x a little better, but it is just my own personal pref. Probably because that is what I bought. It is really hard to tell the difference though. Hope to hell I don't loose them like everything else.

Swarovski binos suck.. almost as bad as Leica and Zeiss. i highly recommend throwing them in the can and getting some real optics, the bushnell 7X32 compacts.. they only cost about 40.00. All the others make you cross-eyed after a few minutes of hard looking.

Actually if I could talk all you guys into buying those Bushnells, there'd probably be more animals out there for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back