Bigger Breasts for Free: Join the Army

Elkhunter

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The U.S. Army has long lured recruits with the slogan "Be All You Can Be," but now soldiers and their families can receive plastic surgery, including breast enlargements, on the taxpayers' dime.

The New Yorker magazine reports in its July 26th edition that members of all four branches of the U.S. military can get face-lifts, breast enlargements, liposuction and nose jobs for free -- something the military says helps surgeons practice their skills.

"Anyone wearing a uniform is eligible," Dr. Bob Lyons, chief of plastic surgery at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio told the magazine, which said soldiers needed the approval of their commanding officers to get the time off.

Between 2000 and 2003, military doctors performed 496 breast enlargements and 1,361 liposuction surgeries on soldiers and their dependents, the magazine said.

The magazine quoted an Army spokeswoman as saying, "the surgeons have to have someone to practice on."

Pamela Anderson...the next recruiting poster ;)

Can just see it...low slung tank top just off the top of her rack with the caption "Be all that you can be!" ... :rolleyes: man what is next...

That could give an entire new meaning to the term Seargent MAJOR.. or BUSTING out of ranks..

:cool:

I don't have a problem with it. If some woman gets her boob blown off in service to MY country, I want her to have every possible option in reconstructing or repairing the damage. That kind of work takes skill, and skill is obtained through practice.

Dgib...well said, I jsut hope there are some decent surgeons performing this work. Cosmetic stuff isn't something you really want to play with I wouldn't think.

The magazine quoted an Army spokeswoman as saying, "the surgeons have to have someone to practice on
I just remember some of my dad's stories from the hack job Dr's he had in the service....might have been better off with a barber :eek:

Why in the wild world of sports didn't they offer that when I was in the Army :mad: ??? Do you know how far a boob job would have taken me??? :D :D

Hunterman(Tony)

Yeah well remember two things, the family of these service men can get the surgery and the doctors who are performing the surgery are doing to practice their surgical skills..... A bit Risky!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gagrimes1
Back