Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Big Fin Survey

DaveAZ

Big Fin, I took your survey but thought you might want to hear how I decided to purchase my hunting gear. Around October of last year I completely stumbled on a video of Randy Newberg hunting elk while doing a search on You Tube. I had never heard of Elk Talk, Fresh Tracks or any of you. I was simply looking for ways to continue to make connections and memories with my grown up kids.
What I've done is to jot down all the gear from Randy's bag dumps and truck dumps onto my memos. I watch as many YouTube videos as I can since Randy really takes the time to explain why he does what he does. I'm always taking notes. Then I recently ran into Randy and Corey Jacobsen on Elk Talk, more notes. Because of these shows I will be taking the University of Elk 101 starting in July. Then I'll be purchasing an annual license for On-X Maps and to GoHunt. Two days ago my FHF bino harness and gear just came in the mail, and I just learned that my new Leupold BX-5 Santiam HD 12x50 binoculars were shipped. Both of these I saw Newberg use during his hunts and and in bag dumps. I like the fact that this gear is field tested and I believe of high quality otherwise Newberg wouldn't be recommending these products. Now I'm saving for a better scope for next year and will continue to upgrade my gear.
I just read your post about why you don't use Netflix. Like I said, I'm learning as I go. Now I know that Fresh Tracks is on Amazon Prime and on YouTube so I'll be changing providers in the near future.
That's how I found out about you guys and how I go about jotting ideas I learn from YouTube, Podcasts, whatever I can find when I search for Randy Newberg's or Corey Jacobsen's name and then write all the good points into my memos.
Not sure if this input you are looking for beyond the survey but this is how I stumbled upon you guys and it's what I do.
Dave

Back