Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Big Daddy Poached

Calif. Hunter

100_1828.JPG

This massive elk was poached in the hills east of Bakersfield. He was shot in the head with a .22 rifle. The jerk then cut off the antlers and three legs (?), then gave up trying to butcher him. He frequented a rural neighborhhod, and everyone knew him. He was called "Big Daddy" by the residents, as he clearly dominated the rut in the area. His progeny roam throughout the Tehachapis. His visits to the area were seasonal, and looked forward to by everyone.

The elk was not afraid of people, being in a protected area with no hunting allowed. The poacher walked to within 30 feet and shot him between the eyes. The guy got 60 days in jail, a $1,000 fine and forfeited hunting rights for life. Since he is not a hunter and borrowed the rifle to shoot Big Daddy, the loss of hunting rights won't be much of a pain for him.

60 days ? 6 years would have been more like it.
What a massive animal, thats a real shame.

Should of hung this guy from his balls:BLEEP: fuggin moron. I can't believe that is all he got for his sentence. 60 days and a 1000.00 bucks:confused: I wasn't aware of the elk herd down there in Bakersfield. What a waste:mad:

Cali- Was talking to a fish-cop friend last night about this...guess they are trying to hang a few more things on this guy (nothing major) to stretch his time out a little more. Piss poor that they can't nail the bastard the way he deserves it.

On a brighter (though I'm not crossing my fingers too hard as we been there and done this before) they are once again going to suggest/try for a Mt. Lion delisting in the near future...guesstimate is around 115 tags state wide with a cut-off subquota for females. ........please, pleases, please.......

Marv B.. 115 tags statewide wouldn't even put a dent into the Calif Kitty problem but it is a starting point. That would be great.. From your fish cop friend did he say anything about closing or limiting some of the deer seasons due to the problems with the eastern Sierra herd this winter??? Haven't heard anything on it just thought that he might have some info.

Ridge...your right, would just scratch (no pun intended) the surface of the lion problem...especially in the North State. But after two failed prior attempts for reversal, I hope they can get a toe-hold with this one.
He said that Shasta (my County) would only have two tags which I thought was pretty weak, but again...its a start.

We did talk about the Sierra herd a little and he also echoed the sentiments of what we've all seen/hear. They are keeping a real close eye on this and, though he didn't mention full closure, he said that there will be fairly severe tag reduction in alot of those eastern units.

Tyson he was a RM elk by all accounts. By the way, good to talk to you the other morning. Brian says to give you a howdy as well hump ...best of luck in your adventure in a couple of weeks!

Marv

Whoops...guess I misinterpreted what Bill was saying- its the guys accomplice that is still under investigation...my bad, the scumbag poacher's case is already a done deal.

Yes, he was a Rocky Mountain elk, a descendent of some brought in around 1906 by someone who was going to establish a game ranch. Those same elk are the ones whose descendents are hunted on Tejon Ranch.

The guy who loaned him the rifle and who had the antlers in his yard is the one still to be prosecuted.

well hate it when people cruel shoulda got more years here he would of to; to bad the cops in diff states judges whatever to slow not like here he be so in trouble anyway thats wrong he got off easy by way if i were the "big daddy" i ate his butt up :BLEEP:

Quiet one...not to be disrespectful, but man, that post of yours...what up with that?

I dont think most posters here are above some punctuation problems, a few run-on sentences, spelling etc...but your jibberish is pretty tough to translate.

Try hooked on phonix, repeating third grade, or slow down...something.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back