BH209 and quick reloaders

maconbacon

Last season was a first toting the muzzle loader. It was really fun getting it sighted in and creating some smoke at the range. Unfortunately never had the opportunity to fire on game.
One potential issue I came across in the field is with BH209 and quick reloaders. I noticed a fair amount of the BH pellets were getting stuck on the inner part of the reloading tube when I went to reload. I thought maybe moisture got inside but even after thoroughly drying them out they still had the same issue. Thinking it may be some static cling between the plastic and BH. Any recommendations on another type of quick reloader for BH? I was using some of the clear plastic kind from muzzle loaders.com. Thanks!

The ones I use hold that sabot/bullet also. The bullet pushes everything out. I cant remember what brand they are or where they came from. They're not marked. I make a funnel over the bore with one hand and carefully pour it down the barrel.20210222_190800.jpg

I've heard others report same issue. I use the tubes 777 pellets come in.

I have experienced that issue as well but I have devised a system where as I am pouring the powder I tap the tube with two fingers from the other hand and it all releases down.

That's static electricity. You can avoid it by rubbing the inside of the tubes with one of those sheets you put in the dryer for your clothes.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back