Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Best way to sell guns?

Shooting and hunting forums nearly all have a classified section. I have bought some off the classifieds on 24hourcampfire.com and maybe here (don't remember for sure). I have never had one issue with anybody. All that is necessary, is that there be a licensed dealer on the receiving end and all you need to do is have the number of the dealer's FFL. You do not need to include a copy of the FFL. I believe that UPS, USPS and Fed Ex all allow the shipping of long arms.

I have done this and had the dealer e-mail his info to the person that I was buying from. My dealer only charges $20 for his services, upon receipt of the firearm. In most states, long arms can be shipped within state, person to person, without the use of a dealer. I just did that awhile back.

Gunbroker, armslist, or sketchy dudes from a gas station. Armslist is the best route in my opinion, it saves having to go through an FFL and shipping hassle.

I have used Firearm Club to sell my firearms with good results and stopped using Armslist when they started charging like $30 a month... Hope that helps.

You can sell on this forum...ship via UPS, USPS, or FedEX to the buyer's FFL. You'll need a copy of the FFL to give to the shipping company. A rifle sized box ships CONUS for $20-30. Pistols must go through UPS and are expensive to ship.

I've sold via Facebook back when they allowed it and was quite successful. I just listed an old double barrel on GunBroker...cost for service is based on final sale value.
Is it blocked behind that 10 post limit?

I have no idea. Here's the link to the classifieds: https://www.hunttalk.com/forums/free-classifieds-buy-sell-trade.414/

The information I shared has changed significantly since I posted that almost 7 years ago. UPS and FedEx now require FFL to FFL Shipping and USPS seems to interpret how they feel. Shipping a rifle as an individual rapidly approaches $90 with FFL fees and shipping charges.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back