Chain tensioners?
BEST out there
Most aggressive and rugged...
Price not an object
GO!

Tirechain.com

7mm square boron alloy….

You won’t break them.
  • Designed for extreme use without Cams on the side chain. Cams can interfere with side chain adjustment. Cams can open and create slack. Cams get clogged with mud.
Good info for everyone..THANKS!

the smart answer is any, literally any are better than nothing.
the ones with the cam locks are great, but you have to remember the tool or you are sol.
l just use the regular types in my truck. make sure you have some tie wire or something else to tie the loose ends or they will batter your fenders and rip your brake lines off, that can be very awkward.

I don’t even know what brand I have. They where cheap v-bar chains from the farm store. My only recommendations are:
1.test them before you go. Sounds dumb but I was in someone else’s truck and when he got stuck the chains he bought for it didn’t t fit.
2.Carry a bunch of cheap Bungee straps. Not only can they help get your chains on easyer in a mud hole or deep snow but they will get the wrong size chains to stay on good enough to get out.

I was reading through my owner's manual and the size tires I have warned against the use of tire chains. I have a 2016 Silverado and the size tires have (Cooper AT3 XL 265/70/R18). My question is this warning for all four tires or just the front? I have never had tire chains before. I am heading to Colorado in November and I don't want to chance getting struck in the backcountry.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back