Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Best pack for the money???

Mystery Ranch? That was my second choice but not separate frame at the time

That's why I said most. I'm not sure about MR's latest frame. I do know my SG is so versatile that I'll never need to utilize the option to put multiple bags on the frame.

I didn't have any way to look at packs in person. I like the Metcalf from what I saw online but I'm happy with my Exo 5500 as well. Not sure if Metcalf became removable after I purchased or just missed. Not going to have buyer's remorse.

Good luck to OP.

I am also looking into a new pack and have been looking at Seek Outside. No one mentioned them here but I can only find good things about them. And they have 28in frames available which might be a big deal if you are like me and have a very long torso.
I have a Seek Outside pack. I’m very satisfied with mine.

I am also looking into a new pack and have been looking at Seek Outside. No one mentioned them here but I can only find good things about them. And they have 28in frames available which might be a big deal if you are like me and have a very long torso. Also Exo is supposed to be releasing new packs here shortly that you might want to check out before deciding. Or pick up one of their old ones when everybody is jumping on the new thing.

I hadn’t looked at seek in a while back when I was in the market for packs they didn’t have a meat shelf which was a deal breaker for me. The new line looks great... that said an SG is the exact perfect size for an airline overhead bin, you can max it out and it will fit length wise, bottom of pack first.

FWIW, you might look into a pack you can get 7-10 days out of (if you plan on trips that long) but that can also compress down into something smaller for the shorter trips (I bought the Kifaru Fulcrum for that reason). Try and get double duty out of it if you can.

I've got the older kifaru timberline where the bag and suspension are one unit. I love the suspension...you can lock a triple digit load on your hips and it will stay put. The bag itself is mediocre. The side spotting scope sleeves are basically useless when the main compartment is full and the fit of the lid over the bag is pretty sloppy.

When this one dies I'll either buy their duplex frame and make my own bag or try stone glacier... Kurt and his crew are a very impressive group.

I've had MR, EXO, and BC packs. Been looking at the Stone Glacier lately for something to add for multi-day back country hunts. It is pretty tough to pick one when you can't get your hands on it first, that sucks...especially with dropping the amount of coin you need. For sure get one that you can switch out bags on the frame though...big cost savings.

I went with the EXO k2 2000 and I love it. Extremely comfortable and versatile. Exo, kifaru, SG all great packs and made in the USA.

I have the SG 3300 and Avail. This past season was my first with the 3300, most comfortable pack I have used. I would recommend looking at a pack that does come with a load shelf so your able to throw a quarter on that first trip out.

Run with the sg you won't be disappointed. My wife sure loves hers. She has the approach 1800. Not really a multi day pack but a solid day or overnight bag. Any of the bigger bags are awesome.

Attachments

• IMG952980.jpg
    IMG952980.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 38
I have not regretted my Kifaru at all. I buy made in USA whenever I can, so that narrowed the field substantially. I also tend to go through water like a mad man and I loved their Fulcrum for that purpose. I can put a 3L bladder in the stretch portion of each wing pocket and/or the internal stretch pocket. It’s just super versatile. I’ve carried three 3L bladders, or a single. I know it’s crazy, but you only have to run out of water on a hot day once before you’d rather have too much. It’s not like you can’t drink it or dump it out.

Last edited:
Run with the sg you won't be disappointed. My wife sure loves hers. She has the approach 1800. Not really a multi day pack but a solid day or overnight bag. Any of the bigger bags are awesome.
I’m looking the hardest at SG. I should be up in the unlimiteds doing some scouting this summer and I plan to ride up to their store in Bozeman and try several different ones on while I’m in Montana. That way I can see what fits me best but I’m almost certain I’m going with SG.

I’m looking the hardest at SG. I should be up in the unlimiteds doing some scouting this summer and I plan to ride up to their store in Bozeman and try several different ones on while I’m in Montana. That way I can see what fits me best but I’m almost certain I’m going with SG.
They only have 2 frames not counting the R3 frame. I would pick your pack and order both frames and see what one you like the best. They have a 30 day return policy so you can send back the one that you don't like. That way you can have some time to test in out with weight in NC before heading into the unlimited to really give it a good shake down.

They only have 2 frames not counting the R3 frame. I would pick your pack and order both frames and see what one you like the best. They have a 30 day return policy so you can send back the one that you don't like. That way you can have some time to test in out with weight in NC before heading into the unlimited to really give it a good shake down.
Good advice man! Thanks.

I have a MR. In the 7 months I have used it on an Elk, Moose, Aoudad and Bear hunt. It has been fantastic. I have hauled loads up to 150lbs without an issue. I have also used it to train a lot and have yet to have one issue. Its one of the best purchases Ive made in terms of hunting gear.

Back