Yeti GOBOX Collection

Best Lesson you ever learned

Nut

What was the best thing you ever learned about Bowhunting?

For me it was wow why didn't I learn this sooner. I was 40 yrs old when I started. :(

But after the 1st draw I love it.

Also I still have a ways to go so my lessons are not complete.

I learned it is hard to get elk to come close enough and stand still long enough to stick an arrow in him. Cows and calves are much easier to stick than bulls.
And you can never be quiet enough.

How often do you shoot your bow?? I shoot about every other day lately. We have a pretty nice range just up the road from me.

Mine Was ---DONT SELL YOUR RIFLE IF YOU WANT TO EAT GAME MEAT. :( :(
The next was keep trying ,its really fun.
Then I have to remember Steve words of wisdom for me
Even the blind sow finds the occasional accorn.
I know isnt he the best,he knows just the right things to say to keep ya going ;)

The best lesson I have learned is;Dont be constantly buying new gadgets to put on your bow.
How many people do you know that go out and buy an armload of new gadgets,or worse,a new bow,every year.
If you are comfortable with your set up then dont change it unless absolutly necessary.
The more comfortable you are with your set up,the better your odds will be to make the shot when it really counts.

The best lesson I have learned was last year, I had a deer less than two yds. from my tree and shot right next to her. This was the first really cold day I had hunted, and was wearing all my cold weather gear. The lesson was to shoot in the clothing you will be hunting in so the bulk doesn't throw off the shot.

Back