Best game processor in Billings?

mtlion

Supposing I can find a deaf, blind, or gimped up deer or such, who's the best processor in the Billings area?

Economical? Quality?

Isn't that similar to asking for the best spot to catch some trout in Iowa?

http://www.iowadnr.gov/Fishing/TroutFishing.aspx
Iowa's trout program consists of 50 catchable rainbow and brook trout fisheries, seven special trout fisheries, seven urban trout fisheries, and 26 put-and-grow trout fisheries. Most of these must be maintained by stocking because successful natural reproduction of trout occurs in a few Iowa waters. Six trout fisheries, however, offer excellent angling opportunities for catching wild, naturally-sustaining brown or brook trout populations.

Looks like all the elbows came out to play. I love you guys. :hump:

How about ones that will take donations for the food bank? I used to donate quite a few deer at my last processor, usually could drop them off for free or with a small donation to cover butchering.

http://www.iowadnr.gov/fishing/troutfishing.aspx
iowa's trout program consists of 50 catchable rainbow and brook trout fisheries, seven special trout fisheries, seven urban trout fisheries, and 26 put-and-grow trout fisheries. Most of these must be maintained by stocking because successful natural reproduction of trout occurs in a few iowa waters. Six trout fisheries, however, offer excellent angling opportunities for catching wild, naturally-sustaining brown or brook trout populations.

oh snap!

Damn guys a google search led me to a 24 hour campfire thread with some decent info...

It's a sad day when the apes on 24 outshine the HuntTalk crew. :W:

4th Avenue Meat Market

The best shop I took mine too before I got into processing my own game was 4th Avenue meats, which is deceiving because they are no where near a 4th avenue. They are downtown across from the clock tower inn. Great food and reasonable pricing.

4th Avenue meats, which is deceiving because they are no where near a 4th avenue. They are downtown across from the clock tower inn.

A bit of history...they were originally on 4th AVE N, in the building that now houses Yellowstone Ice.

I always take mine to Pat's Butcher Block.

He does a great job trimming. Sausage and misc is very good if you want to go that route.

I always take mine to Pat's Butcher Block.

He does a great job trimming. Sausage and misc is very good if you want to go that route.

That's where I used to take mine before starting to do it all myself (that's not a commentary on Pat's work, just a desire to process it on my own). Is Pat still processing game? I heard he wasn't but maybe that was just rumor.

That's where I used to take mine before starting to do it all myself (that's not a commentary on Pat's work, just a desire to process it on my own). Is Pat still processing game? I heard he wasn't but maybe that was just rumor.

I went through the same progression - now I'm doing it myself, unless there is a big time crunch and I can't get it done.

Pat is still processing game (at least he did last year).

I have to agree with Huntin4Elk. 4th Ave Meats did a great job for me. I haven't been there in a year or so since I started doing my own but I've never had a problem previously. Plus I like the fact that they vacuum seal everything. Prices were reasonable as well.

Back