MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Best Bullett for 7mm Rem Mag

I just booked my first Elk hunt for 2023. I have a Weatherby Vanguard 7mm Rem Mag and am wondering what bullets I should try. They guide mentioned Nosler Partition, Remington Cor Lokt and Federsl Premium. I was going to use Hornady ELDx.

Any suggestions? I also reload so if any of you have some favorite loads you would to share for 7mm Rem Mag I’d give them a whirl.

My 7MM rem mag used to be loaded with Nosler 168g when the rifle was my dad's. He had a recipe that was a damn tight grouping load. Now that it is my rifle and things have changed (I shot some of his loads that were over 40 years old). I find the ol' girl likes Hornady's ELDX in the 178g weight. I can shoot a sub 1" group at 300 yards with them. It really comes down to the rifle/bullet combo and if you are handloading tweaking the powder charge, bullet weight, seating depth, etc to make your rifle happiest.

Also, the indian has a lot to do with how the arrows fly.

I hunted with corelokts for 20 years before making the shift to coppers. I wish I had been shooting coppers from the start.
All that said, I’d recommend 150 grain. It has plenty of killing power and you’ll shoot flatter.
Did you fall for the trap of new guy old thread? I admit I do it all the time.

The two I’m having great success with accuracy wise. Not a Rem Mag, but the same 7mm boolets.

Past experience with corelokt has given me no reason not to use them.
IMG_1414.jpeg

Accurized Remington 700 7RM shooting 168 gr Berger’s. Mr. Van Franke is the man. He had it shooting 0.290” group at 100 yards. He handed it to me, well….he’s a better shot than I.

Attachments

• IMG_5338.jpeg
    IMG_5338.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 2
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back