Best App for viewing trail cam photos?

CouesKelly

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good app for viewing trail cam photos from an SD card reader on a smartphone (apple or android)? I would like to have the feature that allows you to swipe through full size versions of each photo rather than having to go back and forth to a menu with thumbnails.

I’ve tried a few different cheap card views and the apps for them and always found them to be really inconsistent. They work one minute, quit reading the next. I think the one I’m currently using is a BoneView reader and app.

I’ve tried a few different cheap card views and the apps for them and always found them to be really inconsistent. They work one minute, quit reading the next. I think the one I’m currently using is a BoneView reader and app.
I have experienced the same with a lot of the free download apps. I would be willing to pay if I knew it was a quality app with the features I want. Ill give bone view a try. Thanks for the input.

I use "File Viewer for Android" has an Ad but other then that I like the App, my SD card reader works about 70% of the time though.

I dont get it, why do you need an app? I use a basic SD to apple lightning plug adapter that was maybe $12 on amazon and it allows you to swipe through photos.

I dont get it, why do you need an app? I use a basic SD to apple lightning plug adapter that was maybe $12 on amazon and it allows you to swipe through photos.
It is entirely possible that I am challenged at doing this the right way, but I am only able to do that if I import the photos first. This may be the best way to do it and then delete what you don't want. I was trying to view the photos on the SD full size and then choose which I would save to my phone or screen shot.

I use a Moultrie card reader that plugs straight into my iPhone and the iBrary app. Works good for me.

If you have an iPhone do yourself a favor and get a lightning SD card reader. It’s as simple as plug it in, open the standard photos app that comes on the phone, pop in the sad card and the bottom toolbar will have a import icon pop up. Then you can import all of them, select which ones you want to import, or delete a card. It only takes a few seconds and is super simple. I do not know anything about android, I don’t know if they use a lightning port or not.image.jpg

Let me add that I would suggest getting a genuine apple brand and not an aftermarket lightning SD reader. The knock offs I have had breakdown in no time from my experience, the Apple only cost $30 or so and it lasts much longer.

If you have an iPhone do yourself a favor and get a lightning SD card reader. It’s as simple as plug it in, open the standard photos app that comes on the phone, pop in the sad card and the bottom toolbar will have a import icon pop up. Then you can import all of them, select which ones you want to import, or delete a card. It only takes a few seconds and is super simple. I do not know anything about android, I don’t know if they use a lightning port or not.View attachment 206361

^this is what I do. If you go into the files app you can typically swipe through them without downloading any photos too. Some can be a little finicky and disconnect intermittently but I haven’t found it to be too much of a burden. Buying the apple brand one is a good idea.

I use Android.
I just use a $12 card reader.
My old phone (LG Fiesta) once plugged in would show the thumbnails. Tap on one to full size, then could scroll through the full sized pics & choose which to save to my phones SD card. Note, used Micro USB plug.
New phone (Samsung Galaxy A10) once plugged in, shows the thumbnails. Tap to full size.
But won't let me scroll through the full sized images.
Not sure how to save to phones SD card. So far have had to screen shot it.
Trying to find the screen shots has been a real PITA for me.
Also, checking images to see if i want the camera to stay, or need to move has been more of a hassle.

Coueskelly, can you email me about the Mathews avail you have listed for sale? I’m a new member but not a scammer, I just can’t PM or reply to classified ads. I found the bow on a Google search and wanting to get ahold of you to buy the bow. I’m a Marine veteran and live south of Houston Tx to show you I’m a real person. After you reply to my email I can send you my phone number and we can talk on the phone to show you I’m not a scammer. My email is [email protected]
Thanks

Coueskelly, can you email me about the Mathews avail you have listed for sale? I’m a new member but not a scammer, I just can’t PM or reply to classified ads. I found the bow on a Google search and wanting to get ahold of you to buy the bow. I’m a Marine veteran and live south of Houston Tx to show you I’m a real person. After you reply to my email I can send you my phone number and we can talk on the phone to show you I’m not a scammer. My email is [email protected]
Thanks
I sent you an email

Back