Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Best 30mm rings for Pic rail

Durango Mike

Was going to mount a scope on rail this weekend and had only Warne low rings and Burris medium, both put the scope too high in conjunction with the rail versus regular warne bases. Any suggestions? I was planning on putting a 20 MOA rail on one short action Mod 70 and a 0 MOA on a long action.

Without seeing it, and doing some measurements, i couldn't tell you.

I run EGW one piece bases, and either Vortex or Warne low rings with up to a 50mm objective.
Had to get medium rings for the new Sightron SIII 10-50X60 for my match rifle.
(Ok, my wife's rifle that she is kind enough to let me use for matches :rolleyes:)

Without seeing it, and doing some measurements, i couldn't tell you.

I run EGW one piece bases, and either Vortex or Warne low rings with up to a 50mm objective.
Had to get medium rings for the new Sightron SIII 10-50X60 for my match rifle.
(Ok, my wife's rifle that she is kind enough to let me use for matches :rolleyes:)
Thanks! Kind of the direction I was headed, got the EGW bases and with low Warne rings I was about 3/4 inch of clearance and probably 2 plus inches above the bore which felt a little high.

How does it line up with your eye?
Close your eyes.
Bring rifle up. Unloaded of course!
Get good cheek weld.
Open your eyes.

Shouldn't have to move around to get good alignment with the scope.

If not a full reticle(like looking through a wrapping paper tube) then the scope needs slid back or forwards.

If you need to move your head up or down, you'll probably need different height rings,

Note, a large movement up & a removable cheek piece might be needed.

How does it line up with your eye?
Close your eyes.
Bring rifle up. Unloaded of course!
Get good cheek weld.
Open your eyes.

Shouldn't have to move around to get good alignment with the scope.

If not a full reticle(like looking through a wrapping paper tube) then the scope needs slid back or forwards.

If you need to move your head up or down, you'll probably need different height rings,

Note, a large movement up & a removable cheek piece might be needed.
Thanks, the EGW rail is about .2 taller than the Warne bases I usually use so to some extent it probably a mind trick as the difference is really just the same as going from low to medium rings.

I recently had this same question. I currently run warne steel base (0 MOA) and steel Med rings. But I need the rings a bit lower so I went with vortex Pro Aluminum low rings to try out.

I just don't know if I need to spend the money to get the Vortex Precision/Seekins rings for a hunting setup I don't plan to shoot past 400 yards max (most likely sub 300 yards). They run around $140 vs the $60 the Vortex Pro rings cost.

Also, I run a Vortex viper 2.5-10x44 on a Rem 700 30-06 mountain rifle (thin barrel) for reference.

I recently had this same question. I currently run warne steel base (0 MOA) and steel Med rings. But I need the rings a bit lower so I went with vortex Pro Aluminum low rings to try out.

I just don't know if I need to spend the money to get the Vortex Precision/Seekins rings for a hunting setup I don't plan to shoot past 400 yards max (most likely sub 300 yards). They run around $140 vs the $60 the Vortex Pro rings cost.

Also, I run a Vortex viper 2.5-10x44 on a Rem 700 30-06 mountain rifle (thin barrel) for reference.
Thanks, was having the same thought.

I made a Scope Mounting Table for 30mm — with 21 options.

With emphasis on adjustable rings and rails with cant.

Table includes height, price, total amount of elevation adjustment, and options for someone with a dovetail rail to convert to picatinny.

Hope it helps someone. 😊

Matthias

❌ Attachment: Scope Mounting Table 30mm

Attachments

• SCOPE MOUNTS + RAILS. 027. 2020-10. TABLE.pdf
    286.3 KB · Views: 18
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member