Before I put in for Idaho moose...

archerynut21

Does anyone have any information on moose in 66-2? I just wanna know how the moose are doing there and the odds of a mature bull?

There are moose but not a lot of mature ones. Average spread is around 30-36 inches per game and fish and there is a lot of roads and trails in that unit. On the other side Idaho gives almost two and a half months to fill the tag on bulls so a lot of time to look.

From people I’ve talked to you can take horses in and find some mature bulls. Looking for a 40”+ or something with good paddles if I draw. Hopefully with a bow. Just is weird that the average spread is so low.

From my experience a bunch of people that draw moose tags in Idaho don’t hold out for big bulls. I’ve seen more than a few yearling bulls killed early in the season. My advice is if it’s a unit you like it’s probably worth a shot

So if I understand correctly, there are no non-resident anterless tags?

No, there are three anterless tags in the state. 54-1. A non resident might draw one, not sure.

Moose draws in units 10 and 12 are easy to draw, tough to kill a bull though. There have been some posts on the hunts.

@Lilhowie83 yes sir I did. If you can't find a bull moose in SE ID, you aren't trying. It's just about finding a decent size one which finding a 30" plus one didn't seem too hard. I spent time in all parts of unit 66 and 69 and once you understood the type of habitat to be in to find the moose, you could go around and replicate finding the same habitat and find moose/moose sign.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back