Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Because someone probably needs laugh.

geetar

So in all my busyness of processing my deer, the Thanksgiving holiday, having a birthday party for my daughters, and getting a new puppy I forgot about this happening but last night as I was putting away some of my hunting gear and came across my Primos “ Doe in Estrus “ bleat can. I remembered then how I about had a heart attack on Thanksgiving morning. I had gone in about 3/4 of a mile into national forest and shot one of 5 whitetail does that I saw that morning and quartered it up and put it in my backpack. I know these bleat cans require something such as a thumb to cover the hole in the bottom to produce the sound but somehow stuffed in the side pocket of my pack that thing went off with a good ol bawling bleat just as I threw it on my back and stood up with my load of meat to head out. All alone in the woods with a deer whose blood I now had all over over my hands I about flipped out when I heard what sounded like a live deer coming from inside my pack. For a split second I had about the same reaction I would if all the jokes about mooing steaks and Chinese food meowing when you poke it were true.

So in all my busyness of processing my deer, the Thanksgiving holiday, having a birthday party for my daughters, and getting a new puppy I forgot about this happening but last night as I was putting away some of my hunting gear and came across my Primos “ Doe in Estrus “ bleat can. I remembered then how I about had a heart attack on Thanksgiving morning. I had gone in about 3/4 of a mile into national forest and shot one of 5 whitetail does that I saw that morning and quartered it up and put it in my backpack. I know these bleat cans require something such as a thumb to cover the hole in the bottom to produce the sound but somehow stuffed in the side pocket of my pack that thing went off with a good ol bawling bleat just as I threw it on my back and stood up with my load of meat to head out. All alone in the woods with a deer whose blood I now had all over over my hands I about flipped out when I heard what sounded like a live deer coming from inside my pack. For a split second I had about the same reaction I would if all the jokes about mooing steaks and Chinese food meowing when you poke it were true.
In high school those were the new hot thing, I had a buck come into about 50 yards while bowhunting I tried to give him the ol' can bleat but I had buck fever so bad I was shaking uncontrollably and the bleat sounded like a goat in distress. As you can imagine I did not kill him, however I did kill him exactly one week later. Never touched one of those damn things again after that .🤣
Actually he's sitting above me as I type this. Forgive the wife's Xmas obsession.
16708928269114704381567968703217.jpg

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back