MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Bears I see them.

Was s/he chasing a deer or running from your vehicle slowing down?

I see bears in MT... outside Spring and Fall season, of course. I believe they have the google calendar app...

Was s/he chasing a deer or running from your vehicle slowing down?

I see bears in MT... outside Spring and Fall season, of course. I believe they have the google calendar app...
I was surprised to see this bear out at this time of day. I saw it from a distance cross the road. Just walking through the field when I pulled up. I am pretty sure it could hear the bird dog in the front seat bark and I had 4 more bird dogs in the kennel on the back of the truck. But only the dog in the front was barking. She has a past with bears.
She found one sleeping on a Dec bird hunt a few years ago scared herself. Got right up on it as it slept under a fallen tree. Stuck her nose right it the bears fur. She then growled and I called her off.
She has chased a couple before while bird hunting. I was in the ferns bird hunting with her a couple years ago, I kept seeing the ferns to my right move and thought she was moving out to fast. Called to her to come around to slow her down. She responded to the whistle but she was on my left not my right. I saw her come from my left past me. The dog on the right wasn't a dog. She went into full chase mode growling as she went. She is terrifying English Springer at 33lbs lol.

I was surprised to see this bear out at this time of day. I saw it from a distance cross the road. Just walking through the field when I pulled up. I am pretty sure it could hear the bird dog in the front seat bark and I had 4 more bird dogs in the kennel on the back of the truck. But only the dog in the front was barking. She has a past with bears.
She found one sleeping on a Dec bird hunt a few years ago scared herself. Got right up on it as it slept under a fallen tree. Stuck her nose right it the bears fur. She then growled and I called her off.
She has chased a couple before while bird hunting. I was in the ferns bird hunting with her a couple years ago, I kept seeing the ferns to my right move and thought she was moving out to fast. Called to her to come around to slow her down. She responded to the whistle but she was on my left not my right. I saw her come from my left past me. The dog on the right wasn't a dog. She went into full chase mode growling as she went. She is terrifying English Springer at 33lbs lol.
Come to think of it, its possible that bear was looking for Sand hill cranes nest in that field I typically see cranes with their young out there. Lot of hay, and oats out there as well.

Very cool! I have more than a handful of MI Bear points that'll I'm going to have to use someday...

Cool video, thanks for posting! It’s crazy how bear numbers have increased in that area in recent years. My dad grew up in Suttons Bay back in the 50s and 60s, and if a guy from town killed a bear (during deer season) it was the talk of the town for years! Now my family that’s still in the area sees them quite regularly.

I’m kicking myself on my 2020 bear application. I had 11 points going into this year’s drawing and just put in for a preference point. It seems the COVID fiasco had a lot of people doing the same thing, and guys with 11 points actually drew Bal'win tags this year. Not sure what the draw success rate was, but that was a major “whoops” on my part. Live and learn I guess, and never let a good global pandemic go to waste!!

Back