Bear newbie

kzkammo3

Well this year is my first year specifically going after a bear. I was wondering what areas I should focus on. Lower areas with lots of vegetation? Any tips for a novice would be great. Not sure if this makes a difference but I am hunting south central Idaho area.

Thank you

Well this year is my first year specifically going after a bear. I was wondering what areas I should focus on. Lower areas with lots of vegetation? Any tips for a novice would be great. Not sure if this makes a difference but I am hunting south central Idaho area.

Thank you

I think making a general statement on where to find bears is difficult, it changes with conditions and can vary greatly year to year. One thing is consistent find whatever they are feeding on and glass, glass, glass.

In the spring where I hunt I look for green grass, in the fall it's berries. Both grass and berry crops are highly variable year to year and an area that was hot one year might not be next year.

Good bear hunting not far from your air base. The greenest grassy areas you can find right next to timber. The green up still hasn't come quite yet, another week or 2 and it will be easier to find those areas. Some rain will help.

Where I went this weekend was pretty high up still had a few patches of snow and not much new growth. Just trying to figure out this area just moved here little over a month ago.
Thanks for the input.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back