Caribou Gear Tarp

Bear Encounters (pics)

Thanks guys, probably more a lack of brain size than having "big ones"

I have had many close encounters with bears of both varieties and I feel that I have a decent grasp of their body language. The bear in the den was acting very submissive and did not even want to look at me. It even went so far as to cover its eyes with a paw at one point. Even though it never acted aggressive, I spent just enough time near the den to get some pics. I wouldn't recommend getting near an active den to anyone...well maybe a few politicians:D

On the other hand, the bear in the tree did a good job of expressing his displeasure with me. In the first pic you can see bark missing from the side of the tree and pieces laying on the ground from where he slammed his front paws against the tree. He also did plenty of huffing and jaw popping. I wouldn't have stuck around this bear for pics if he hadn't immediately climbed a tree.

The bear in the den was acting very submissive and did not even want to look at me. It even went so far as to cover its eyes with a paw at one point.

This is funny, my first thought when I saw the pics in the den, was that the bear looked like my lab when he is feeling guilty for doing something he knows he shouldn't.

Nice pictures! The den pictures are great. Good luck when the season opens. I usually find more sheds while trying to hunt animals than I do when I shed hunt. Weird how it works out that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back