Bear baiting..

Since they did away with being able to use any processed foods, I am now doing the spot & stalk method and have not been very successful I might add.

Spot and stalk only...no baiting allowed here in B.C., I think spot and stalk would be very very tough in areas of low bear density. Its fairly easy here because you will see a ton of bears and can blow stalk after stalk and still get your bear...I can personally vouch for that!!LOL!!
Chris

Spot and stalk, because there is no other way cept for calling here...I may try and get my neighbor to give that one a try while I'm sited in on one this year to see what happens....
biggrin.gif

Location is everything MTO.Neighbors got a guidin business goin,and needed the help last yr.This yr they sent me to guide school and sent my money in,just waitin for my date for my oral.Cant wait for it to start now.Got 18 brls of donuts,92 5 gal pails of ground candy,an 60 gals of grease and countin.Gonna feed some bears I guess.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I bet I could take one of the younger nephews up and tie the little turd to a tree, between the caterwallin and the smell of some thing young to eat, I should be able to get a pretty big one...Provided I make the kid take a bath before we go!!!
I wonder if TK wants to go bear hunting?
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Hell Elkchsr...ya aint gotta clean em up.Plaster em with sugar an rub jelly donuts all over em...but make sure ya gag em tho.
biggrin.gif
cool.gif
wink.gif

Well that's a good idea, I would think you wouldn't want to gag them, then you wouldn't need to call them in, they would do enough whinning and carring on to attract all sorts of predators...
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

Well, I'm doing bait again... I'm going to try and get 2 sites going. It's been always tough with time this time of year to maintain 1 site let alone 2. But we'll see what happens.

I've taken 2 bear over bait, and 2 spot and stalk... all with the rifle though.. This year is "BOW TIME" !!!!

Back