Caribou Gear

BC or NWT - need help deciding for my 50th Birthday

ErictheRed

Hi all. I need some help. I’m planning on booking a three species hunt in 2020 to celebrate my 50th birthday. I’ll likely never do a big trip like this again. I have a maximum of 12 days to hunt mid September. I was planning on the McKenzie Mountains. But a friend suggested BC if I wasn’t set on a sheep. I’m now stuck trying to decided between the two options. The McKenzies are 25% more expensive and require two more travel days. I really would like three trophies caribou, moose and a goat or sheep. Can any of you with experience give me some things to consider. Thanks.

Don't rule out Yukon. Some good areas and outfits there too. That is what is most important on a hunt like this, a good area and outfitter. Also 12 days for 3 different animals may not be enough, especially if you get a bad stretch of nasty weather. Good luck on your search.

I have no real advice, but would like to say congrats!! I'd prioritize the species and go to the best area for the one you have in the #1 spot.

Mucho jealous here. A trip like that is probably my top big game hunting dream, but due to costs will more than likely never happen for me.

Thats alot for 12 days. I think most moose hunts are later in the year than most sheep hunts too aren't they?
I know where I went - Gana River, they transition to their moose area after sheep hunting. We saw very little (one) moose in the sheep/caribou country.
Can you get more time?

The long (15 or 16 days) hunt that Arctic Red offers looks incredible.

The Mountain Caribou in the Mackenzies are everywhere.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back