Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Bayed Up

George P

Hers a picture from this fall.Dogs had caught and walked this bear for an hour.I was hunting with Pete Richardson with Marble Mtn Walkers from Vermont.He and I stayed with the dogs and bear the whole way.Hunter and his buddys werent used to the hills and couldnt keep up.What a tremendous show Pete and I got.Dogs kept stopping the bear and fighting.We had to jump out of the way several times when he boogied out.One time Pete slapped the bear in the butt with his baseball cap to turn him back downhill towards the road.I was standing right beside him when he did it.This was a 200lb female and some mean.Saw her tackle a couple different dogs during the brawl.The dogs got the bear down a couple times and really think they would have killed it themselves if it hadnt found the cover you see in the picture below.I took the picture and then the hunter showed up with the only gun we had with us.Shot the bear with the barrel on the bears head under the tree with the dogs baying him from all around.It was some exciting day. I really figured after watching for an hour that I dont have to worry about my Boone dog backing off from a fight.The other dogs there were Petes and a friend of his dogs.They have about the best pack of bear dogs I have ever run with.Think they treed or bayed solid 70 bears this year.They only had 4 or 5 they didnt catch that they had started.
bayedbr.jpg

George I seen this pic this morning, Catman said he could'nt see it, now I can;t see it. Your really should have got about 20 foot closer though.....lol j/k thats good pic, to bad the bears tucked under that rootwad

Hey George,
Now I see the pic. dunno what was wrong the other day.lol. Yea next time I want you to go down closer...take a pic of his teefs for us :D :D :D j/k... good pic...keep em coming

Another great picture George. I never get tired of seeing them. Where is Boone in that picture?

Yea Catman is right, you should have gone down and taken a picture under the root wad...:D hehehe

Boone is the third dog from the ledt.You can see about 3/4 of him.We pulled the redtick and the walker beside it out of the way and the bear turned away from Boone and the other dog to come out where the redtick had been.Barrel against the bears head and bang.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back