Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Barrel Re-Crowning

I just read a copy of the Ruger 77 Hawkeye instruction manual that i downloaded.
To reinstall the stock, start but don't tighten the trigger guard screws.
Install and "firmly tighten" the screw at the front of the hinge plate.
Then alternately tighten the trigger guard screws. "Snugly tighten".

Nothing like good "tighten to X inch lbs"!

Hmmm... The above post references an email from a Ruger customer service. Maybe it was a typo? I torqued the trigger guard screws to about 45 inch pounds. Of course, alternating back and forth until torqued.

80 seems like an awful lot....

most stocks are around 40-45

Ruger does claim to be rugged tho 🤣

Well, I don't know what to do now... Should I loosen the screw under the floor plate hinge back down to 45 or 50 ish? Or maybe just go with it as the Ruger representative stated and leave it around 80 inch pounds? I'll probably need a new screw after all this adjusting.

Well, I don't know what to do now... Should I loosen the screw under the floor plate hinge back down to 45 or 50 ish? Or maybe just go with it as the Ruger representative stated and leave it around 80 inch pounds? I'll probably need a new screw after all this adjusting.

It’s possible 80 may have been enough to damage threads. I’d have to make an educated guess that the phone rep made a wrong statement.

I’d just run it as is and if it doesn’t shoot better then it will need addressed.

It’s possible 80 may have been enough to damage threads. I’d have to make an educated guess that the phone rep made a wrong statement.

I’d just run it as is and if it doesn’t shoot better then it will need addressed.

It was an email actually, and it is pasted into a comment on the 4th page for reference. But, still could be a typo from them as I just checked the original email and it does in fact say 95.

I found this forum thread on Ruger Forum. It also reverences the 95 inch pounds. Interesting that there is no "80 to 95" or something like other torque settings and it's just a flat 95. Seems others think it's rather high as well. I can't, and won't attempt to, go to 95 because I already broke my bit getting to where it is now. I think 80ish is probably plenty.

It was an email actually, and it is pasted into a comment on the 4th page for reference. But, still could be a typo from them as I just checked the original email and it does in fact say 95.

I found this forum thread on Ruger Forum. It also reverences the 95 inch pounds. Interesting that there is no "80 to 95" or something like other torque settings and it's just a flat 95. Seems others think it's rather high as well. I can't, and won't attempt to, go to 95 because I already broke my bit getting to where it is now. I think 80ish is probably plenty.
Even on a solid fiberglass stock like mcmillan they recommend 40/45.

laminated would be about the same.

I’m not sure what yours is....if it’s a plastic stock 40-45 might actually crush the stock a bit.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back