Yeti GOBOX Collection

Barnes TTSX-BT 140gn 7mm-08

You mentioned having IMR 4064. That is what I use in 7-08 with the 140 ttsx and am getting outstanding accuracy. Check the IMR website for load data.

It has proven a waste of time for me to measure to the lands. I don’t fool with that anymore.

Why did you decide to go so heavy with the ttsx?

I’ve never had to adjust seating depth to fine an accurate load.

They been on the shelf for a year or better. It was an impulse buy when there was nothing to be had at the stores. I figured I’d give them a try. I may just go back to a lead bonded bullet. Worst case I can drop down to 44 grains and shoot deer in the eastern hardwoods at 25 yards all day long.

Not to pester, but can you explain why one is better than the other?
I get some are fast and hot, some are slower, but what’s that really mean. Varget will be slower and more gentle, but how?
Will the A2700 behave differently with interlocks cause they are softer and shorter, or is it useless to me in that gun?

Not to pester, but can you explain why one is better than the other?
I get some are fast and hot, some are slower, but what’s that really mean. Varget will be slower and more gentle, but how?
Will the A2700 behave differently with interlocks cause they are softer and shorter, or is it useless to me in that gun?
Every powder acts different with each gun, bullet, and primer.

Some guns just don’t like a combo.

Varget is a faster powder but is very stable. If you search 7-08 powder on here you will see most guys run Varget.

I am currently using Big Game with Ballistic tips and it works great.

Try your other powders and see how they behave. Use the load data for the nearest powder that has published load data. Work your way up.

Reality is you could switch primers and have a rock solid load with A2700. Change one thing at a time till you find what your gun likes.

A quicker way is to drop a cleaning rod down a closed empty chamber and then on one with a bullet lightly touching lands. Marking both and measuring the distance between the 2

Really just buy the comparator tools since once you start reloading you'll want one anyway
You might want one anyway. I use the cleaning rod and have for years. I seat the bullet just a shade deeper till I feel no touching of the bullet and more important, see no land marks on the bullet.

Measure your brass length. Brass may be stretching and if you aren’t trimming it will cause pressure issues and inconsistent results. Multiple firings of warm loads, plus soft brass, plus full length sizing, in a factory chamber will give you some of the issues you are seeing.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back