Barge Capsizes Approaching Nude Beach

Elkhunter

Barge Capsizes Approaching Nude Beach
2 hours, 7 minutes ago

AUSTIN, Texas - A double-decker party barge capsized when dozens of passengers moved to one side of the boat as it approached Texas' only nude beach.

Sixty people on the boat were rescued Sunday from Lake Travis, including two with minor injuries, authorities said.

The accident happened during Splash Day, a semiannual event hosted at the clothing-optional area by the Austin Tavern Guild, a gay and lesbian bar association.

Witnesses said that all of the people aboard the barge moved to one side after it was tied up at Hippie Hollow, the only public nude beach in Texas, creating uneven distribution and making it tilt.

"As the captain was running upstairs to tell them to move away from the railing, it capsized," dumping its passengers into about 39 feet of water, Travis County sheriff's spokesman Roger Wade said.

Wade said it was unclear why the people all were on one side of the boat.

Krista Umscheid, a spokeswoman for the Lower Colorado River Authority, said everyone aboard was safe.

I can make a wild guess as to why everyone was on the same side of the boat! :D Ever notice that the ones who take their clothes off are the ones you wish to The Good Lord that they'd put them back on? Nothing worse than an old bastige in a speedo, or some old dame in a bikini that their goodies have shifted. A NUDE beach would overload my one remaining brain-cell!

Danger Will Robinson! Warning! Warning! !$#%!@ that does not compute....! Pffffftttttsssss! <the sound of frying circuitry>

-RogueWarrior-

From what I saw on TV tonight, everyone on the barge was already at the nude beach, so it make you wonder what they all ran to one side to see. :rolleyes: :D

Danger Will Robinson! Warning! Warning! !$#%!@ that does not compute....! Pffffftttttsssss! LMAO :D :D :D

Ewwww! :eek: Guess there's advantages to being a "landlubber." Your's truly has never seen the ocean, let alone, been to the beach. Any kind of beach. I would like to do that one time before my number is up, but would try to find a deserted beach so I could scrounge for seashells without worrying about who was watching me. :eek: Paranoid little cuss, ain't I?

-RW-

Yeah theres a nude camp ground not to far from here. In my younger days when I was dating a dancer she convinced me to go for the weekend, well most of the folks were in their late 50s or older.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back