Ballistics App for Android?

Pinecricker

Can any one recommend a good ballistics app for android? Looking for something that has the ability to enter in the angle of the shot, along with all the other standard variables.

TIA

SHOOTER. Used very successfully with my old android phone, and now with my i-phone. Use in connection with my Leica 1600 that gives range and barometric pressure, as well as angle. Neat thing about this app though is that you can use your phone as an inclinometer to both figure the angle in the field and it automatically adjusts range. Cost $10, but you can share data saved on website if you change phones later.

I have used Berger's Ballistic calculator on the computer, Strelok, Shooter, Applied Ballistics and the Knight's Armament Ballistic App.

I have an iPhone, and use Shooter. I ran Applied Ballistics on Android. It wasn't available for iOS when I first got my iPhone. Both Shooter and Applied Ballistics use algorithms developed by Brian Litz, and are wonderfully accurate. My rifles didn't get along well with Strelok's wind deflection or transonic computations. At ranges beyond 800yds on targets, my rifles all started shooting significantly low of predictions in Strelok (typically 2-3+ MOA at and beyond 1000yds), and I typically had to nearly double the wind deflection calculations from Strelok when shooting in winds at 10mph or more.

Applied Ballistics and Shooter also allow for the use of stepped BC's and have Trued BC's based on Brian Litz's testing. BC's shot and proven in the field over a broad range of velocities. Both of these apps work very well. The interfaces are easy to use, and they are quick to learn. You can store multiple rifles with multiple different ammo configs, and can compensate for just about anything you could ever want. I also like that both of these apps allow you to set current barometric pressure as absolute, since I carry a couple devices in the field that measure pressure. The last time I used Shooter, after truing my velocity, I was able to hit second shot (after I got my math right... 40+18=/ 48:eek:) on a 12" by 18" plate at 1186 yds with my .308 in a 15mph quartering crosswind. This was my first opportunity to shoot this rifle at beyond 660yds. I take no credit for the shot. A good spotter and proper inputs certainly helped after I airmailed my first 3 shots a full 10 minutes high due to bad math...

Back