Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Ball park price for a pre 64 Model 70?...

Pinecricker

..243 Win. serial number is under 356,000. It has had one owner that I personally know, handed down from Grandfather to Grandson. Its in pretty decent shape. I am seeing prices all over the map on the net. Any guidance is appreciated. The seller is a good friend of mine and I want to give him a fair price for it.

Last edited:
I have a pre-64 featherweight in 30-06, in very good condition, and I had it appraised at my local gun shop at 1200 to 1600. mine was built in 1954. hope that helps a bit

I've seen and sold them from $850 to about $1800 for the harder to find calibers..

..243 Win. serial number is under 356,000. It has had one owner that I personally know, handed down from Grandfather to Grandson. Its in pretty decent shape. I am seeing prices all over the map on the net. Any guidance is appreciated. The seller is a good friend of mine and I want to give him a fair price for it.

Any other notes about the rifle, FWT? Supergrade? What is pretty decent shape? 90%?

Values fall pretty quickly with subtle wear and tear.

Any other notes about the rifle, FWT? Supergrade? What is pretty decent shape? 90%?

Values fall pretty quickly with subtle wear and tear.

It's not the featherweight or super grade. I've only seen in it pics so far, so its hard to get a feel for condition. I'm gonna get a look at it next week.

Depends on condition, blue book prices are higher then what they should be for Winchester across the board( colts as well). A standard grade .243 in 80% would sit on a mt rack for 1200 and be able to sell for 1000, of which the shop would pay you around 700. Optics, unless old and cool, are given no value to the seller but would up the price slightly on the rack. Check the bore, crown in particular as old cleaning gear and habits may have worn it. Swab the crown with a dry q-tip to see if it pulls off any fibers, if it does the crown has an "edge or burr" that you may not be able to see.

I just looked at Cabela's gun shop and they list a few pre 64's in .243. A FTW for $1800 and a Varmint for $3000. Now these prices are high (in my opinion) but this shows the difference in price based on the type of rifle , the number of that type manufactured and the condition. There is also a 'collector' value placed on these being sold.
This doesn't help much is you setting a price but it shows you that the value of this pre 64 'depends' on several variables. Serial number 323531 - 361025 were mfg in 1955.
I like the pre 64's and find them great shooting rifles, very accurate and great extractor and safety.

Back