Baker, Montana

Big Slick

I was wondering if anyone can give me any insight on this eastern Montana town? Curious to know if it is worth looking at for a career move. I have a friend looking at moving there. Thanks.

small oil town...several bars, grocery store, couple gas stations, tire shop, and laundry. It can get very hot in the summer and very cold in the winter. I don't know much about the housing but I'm sure it is limited. Long ago I lived south of Baker in Ekalaka...lots of cows, some farming in between. Potential for good mulies, whitetails, pheasants, turkeys, and antelope.

Last edited:
When I get back to my home computer I will give you the low down.

I grew up and lived in Glendive (about 70 miles from Baker) up until last year. Nice town but a little rough around the edges. It has always been an oilfield town. Very good Deer Hunting and not far from elk country. The school has a very good football program and they have very nice facilities in the school district because of the nearby oil money.

My son lived there last year. I would recommend taking a trip there first before he commits to the move.

It takes a unique type of person to move to most of eastern MT. That is some of the remotest country I have been to! Not much help, I realize, just a general statement from my experience.

Housing has been very limited in the last few years, it may be relaxing a bit now with lower activity but I wouldn't bet on it

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back