Bad back and backpack choice

I'm using a Badlands that I picked up on sale from Midway USA several months ago. This will be my first trip with this pack, but I have an older Badlands Diablo that I have been very happy with. I have found Badlands to be very functional, well made, and quiet. Both packs seem to distribute the weight to my hips well.

Forgot to post an update. So I went to my chiro/therapist. He said he was not as worried about the pack having any sort of frame as he was the waist belt. He wanted one to help me to help activate my core and transfer weight to my hips. By activate he essentially means have something to push out against when you tighten your core muscles.

A pack with a hip belt and no frame doesn't put the weight on your hips. It just helps stabilize the pack.

I love backpacks, but it's not always convenient for me to get something out of the backpack while I'm walking or if it's not a very convenient place to stop. Therefore, I prefer several different bags that are conveniently located on my body and leave me free to move my arms, legs or torso. I chose the fanny pack from one of these bags that I take on the hike. I found special hiking packs here. It seems to me that many hunters who went with me to big game appreciated the convenience of this bag and the next time I saw a couple more people with these belt bags. It's really convenient.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back