backpack hunt unit 76

Joeywilliams

Haven't been on the site for a while but thought I would come back and get some input on a backpack trip I will be taking this fall. I did a lot of research on unit 43 and had my mind made up to go there but am switching to unit 76 instead. I am not looking for a monster just a fun trip with a hunting buddy. I know there is a lot of hunting pressure in 76 but I am hoping by packing in I can get away from a lot of the road hunters. I will be north of Montpelier up by Red Mountain. Please let me know what you think of my decision.

I may be mistaken.. But I believe at least for archery 76 is limited draw unit..
Unless you drew it, or maybe rifle is different..

I've climbed plenty of ridges in that corner, never had a problem locating deer or elk, just get away from roads and ATV trails, ( i think they have restricted ATV access in some areas recently) put your pack on and hunt areas that can't be glassed from roads. Fly camp into basins and on big spurs to give you plenty of options each day according to the wind direction and where animals are at and glass a lot. Not rocket science, and seeing though you aren't after a monster you should cut your tag very easily.

Looking forward to a detailed hunt report, lets hope your not like MANY others on here that come asking for information with very few posts and fail to give it back to others once the hunt is over.

Ill check in mid october for a run down.

PS, please re read the middle paragraph i have written.

Thanks. I will post pictures for sure. I love seeing the looks on peoples faces when they have tagged out and had a trip of a lifetime.

Ps. It will be a good way to convince a buddy of mine to go along next year.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back