PEAX Equipment

Backpack hammock

Sawtooth

Looking for a lightweight, but durable hammock to take while backpack hunting. Any suggestions on brand or model?

I've only had one hammock, a Hennessy. Not the lightest but it's held up over 10 years.

This will be my 4th year using a eno double nest it's lightweight, comfortable, and bullet proof. I'd recommend getting a set of the eno hammock straps they simply setup and also allow you to be able to set up in more locations (they'll also string up a elk quarter and more). First make sure you actually can get a good night's sleep in a hammock I know a lot of guys just cant. For me there's no better sleep so I've spent a bunch of time and money dialing in my setup hammocks definitely have a learning curve.

What? With these short chicken legs and narrow shoulders!? 😄

The one I brought out there camping with you guys last Summer is an ENO single nest. It's pretty light and takes up a minimal amount of space packed down, but the straps I have are a little on the heavy side and I'm sure you can find shorter ones that are a little less dense for packing. Dang, I do like that idea though.

Last edited:
Mental Note #2. Also grab @TheNorthStar 's hammock while stealing his Larabars out of his pack....check.

On a more serious note, is the ENO single nest long enough for someone six feet or so in height? Phill, @2rocky or anyone else who has used the single nest.

The length shouldn't be an issue, you can always wedge in canted a bit, which I find a more comfortable position. Single nests are narrower all around, but I think you could get away with a single still.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REVRON
Back