Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Backing up Ithacas Post

280, was joking about the joke in the adult section
tongue.gif

Paul,you got that right.
We all know he can't ever be wrong LOL
How DARE you ever question something he has posted!!!!!
I hope you have learned your lession young man LOL
"And now F&G is requesting more consideration from ATV riders about the hoours they ride during hunting seasons and ,possibly, even more restrictions on where they can ride than the restrictions they already instituted a few months ago!"
That's correct Ithaca ,but the thing your not telling the whole truth about is that the restriction has nothing to do with riding on any road that would be open to any full size automobile.
The part about asking for consideration from ATV rider's about the hour's they ride is in
regard to them retreiving downed game.
Not as you would like us to think just riding down a road.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 04-25-2003 16:21: Message edited by: Muledeer4me ]</font>

Here's a few quotes from the Idaho Hunting Regulations that came about from work done by our local ATV & sportsmans group.

ITHACA, you called me do nothing, choke on these. They made the printing without your approval, or your "freinds" support.

We did have a local game warden help submit the requests.

Page 13, It is Unlawful:
#8. Operate any vehicle in an area designated asclosed for that specific vehicle type.
#9. To operate a motor vehicle in violation of area, trail, or road restrictions.

Page 78, Paragraph 5:
Access management helps both wildlife and hunters. Your support is needed. Road closure violations can be reported by calling 1-800-632-5999, or any IDFG, BLM, or USFS office.

Who's phone # is that IT?

I'll keep you posted if I find anymore of our work.
hump.gif
hump.gif
fight.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 04-25-2003 21:11: Message edited by: Ten Bears ]</font>

Ten,

Why did your "local" ATV group set the restrictions? I thought the areas being restricted were a "million miles" away from North Idaho. I thought they were Washington/Adams county and over in Eastern Idaho.

Did they set a restricted area up North?

and weren't these already against the law?

#8. Operate any vehicle in an area designated asclosed for that specific vehicle type.

#9. To operate a motor vehicle in violation of area, trail, or road restrictions.

I know I sent comments in to F&G, but I don't think I can take credit for these items, or can I?

Just curious,

elkgrin.gif
er

ELKGNNR, we didn't set any of the "RESTRICTIONS", we had little to do with that process. We had been trying to get these points printed in the regs for a couple of years.

To answer your questions:
There are no new ATV restrictions up NORTH yet.
Yes, these have always been illegal, but never worded plainly inthe regs. There were no new laws or restrictions created to have these added to the regs. Just guys that got tired of hearing "I didn't see that in the regs".
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Operate any vehicle in an area designated as closed for that specific vehicle type.
To operate a motor vehicle in violation of area, trail, or road restrictions. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
We started last year trying to get the CAP number associated with reporting ATV abuses.

The reason I said "we", "our", and "local" is because these are the guys that I have worked with. I am not taking personal credit for any of this. If you made comments to add this stuff, welcome to the "we" & "our" groups.
My point is that ITHACA is always spouting how "we" (more so I) talk but never do anything. You may recall earlier that since I failed to meet his "freinds", the citizens against poaching hotline wouldn't be involved with ATV violations. Well, it happened anyway.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 04-26-2003 08:05: Message edited by: Ten Bears ]</font>

Ten,

Thanks for the response, as that helps a bit. Do you think next year, your group would push for having them typed in ALL CAPS and maybe a bigger Font, so there would be even less excuse???
biggrin.gif
You know how some of the "Fat-Assed ATV Riders" may be hard of hearing (or seeing...)
biggrin.gif

As for Jurisdiction, I would guess most ATV violations are against Federal Law (BLM and Forest Circus Regulations), so who is going to enforce these? Will F&G? And if CAP gets a call, are they going to dispatch F&G or the Forest Circus ranger?

I guess these are all efforts in the right directions, just not sure if they will actually curb the abuses by Estrogen enraged women on 500 pound, gas-burning, throbbing hunks of ATV's...
wink.gif
(
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
)

elkgrin.gif
er

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 04-26-2003 21:50: Message edited by: Elkgunner ]</font>

I would guess that if it happens in Idaho the f&g has jurisdiction. They patrol BLM & forest circus lands around here now (shouldn't they be?).

We can always ask for bold and font changes, but I'm just glad it finally got put in there.

Back