Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Back after 6 months absence

Missed you Richard! Always enjoy your stories and photos.

I’m loving that fallow- beautiful. Seriously tempting. You have me rethinking my previous answer.

Anyway, great to have you back! 😀
See you in October then!
I will guarantee you and your husband will have a great hunt, and I have a lot of fallow on the farms I hunt on.
Cheers
Richard

Glad you're doing better, Richard! And keep the pictures of Capstan and others coming! I love seeing it. The podcast with our mutual friend will drop the next week or so. It was incredible!
I will, and I look forward to the podcast.
If I could figure out how to load a video of the winch in action I would.
Cheers
Richard

Thanks for the posts people, I've popped home after a fruitless hunt this morning, but back out later, I saw some red stags enter a wood that boarders my friends farm, hopefully I will get one later, just need to remember to keep popping my pills:ROFLMAO:

Cheers

Richard

If you are after a Stag, the rut is the best time to come over, nothing is guaranteed but it increases your chances, and doing myself out of business, Scotland would be my choice of an almost guarantee of a stag, but it will cost!
Cheers
Richard
I have a PhD in history with strong emphasis on British Victorian business and technology. And a personal interest in Tudor history. So, I guess if the stag aren't biting, I could always find something in the area to keep me occupied. These trips to Africa aren't cheap either but I'm pretty much guaranteed to come back with a truckload of trophies. If the hunter shops around, he can line up challenging quarry or slam dunks, depending on preference or physical limitations. On my first trip four fine animals were in the truck before lunch the first day, which is unusual. Two more from the list the following morning only left the kudu. Spent the next five days chasing them before finally dropping a bull just before dusk the evening before I flew home. I would say out of the lot only the blesbuck, the first animal taken, was an easy stalk. Buffalo was a relatively quick hunt that trip but still became very exciting very fast. This last trip sable, waterbuck, and 2nd warthog and 4th impala were not much of a stalk (except for waterbuck these were essentially management culls to take up the time). Still was able to devote half of eight days to chasing buffalo. If I had the wall space, I would probably hunt one of those every year until I'm in the box. They are a challenge ... unless one wants to sit in a blind at a waterhole. Yawn. Not sure I have the room for a stag either but I guess I could always put the smaller 49" elk rack back in the attic. Be nice to have the variety. Three moose racks are in the garage. I should move one of those back in the house. Which one would be a coin toss. They're all the same age and not huge (thankfully). There's room for one in the back entrance above the door. Right now my little house is already full of skulls and cap mounts. All last year's African euros finally arrived and still sitting on the floor in the taxidermy business trophy room. Buff bull went up yesterday using the hanger I made for the last one. So, time to shovel out the garage and get to work making hangers. Then decide which critter goes above the toilet in the bathroom. Sometimes not having a spouse to deal with can be handy. 😁

Anyway, Africa is great but maybe it's time to experience something different. I'll keep you in mind for sure. Thanks.
20220226_182323.jpg20220227_173739.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back