AZ Youth deer and javelina hunt

Firehunter

Hey Folks,
Wanted to find out some information on this unit for my kids (2) deer and javelina hunt in October. Is there a place you would recommend for camping in a travel trailer? What area of the unit would be best for both species? Any experience with the October 11-17th time frame?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

What unit? Water will be less important as the weather cools and the rain we’re getting this week.

Never hunted 20b,I have taken plenty of pigs from 21 and 22.Should be
about the same.Get on high points and glass in the mornings.
In the afternoons the Deer and Pigs will all bed down.(still warm in Oct.)
Walk the washes and find where they are crossing from bedding to feeding.
Find their routes and set up where you have a good panoramic view of coming
and going.Pigs bedding areas are easy to find,they deficate where they sleep.
Find Prickly Pear and you will find Pigs. Good luck to your family.🔥

Find a guy named RL Grey that lives in Wickenburg and shoot him a message on FB. He does a lot with youth hunters, and knows 20b better than anyone.

I messaged you my phone number. Give me a call after 6 tonight. Bigjay73 not sure who you are but thanks for the kind words. The youth hunters are our future.

Last edited:
Son had tag last year but only went one day because of having youth elk tag also. Glassed from rest area and went further south. Started raining hard didnt see anything. Wish we would have gone to crown king like planned but it looked like even worse weather up there. 20181016_132544.jpg

Thank You guys for all the info and especially mzlloader and bigj73 hope we all fill tags!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back