Az OTC archery deer 18b ?

Tbob

Hey guys,
Just curious if anyone hunts the AZ OTC archery mule deer season? I just recently moved down South from WA state and will be trying my luck for the first time in the open desert for a mule deer. I'm used to hunting Blacktails in the jungle where one can only see maybe 50 yards (and that's an open area).. This should be interesting. I've scouted twice, have my OnX map chip in my Garmin and spoken to the bio and Warden a few times. I'm headed out of Bagdad AZ to a good looking Mt Range I found driving around last time out. Anyone else hunt out that way? If anyone has any advice for a first time desert mule deer hunter I'm all ears.
I've got all the gear I think I'll need (and a bunch of water). Going to put my 10x50's on my tripod, hike to the top and spend the day glassing and hopefully not melting away in the hot August sun.. Also if anyone has any pics of bucks from that area Id love to see them! I'm not a trophy Hunter by any means and will be hunting any legal buck in the area. Thanks amd good luck to everyone this season!

Yeah, I was going to try and hunt both August and then again late December and hopefully again in January ( although i know Id need a new tag come Jan 1st.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back