Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

AZ Cancelled Online Apps......

AZMIKE111

Online application process no longer available for Arizona’s fall hunts

News Media
May 21, 2007

Hunters applying after May 21 must submit paper applications only; deadline extended to June 26

The Arizona Game and Fish Department has indefinitely suspended the online application process for big game hunts, including this fall’s hunts for deer, bighorn sheep, turkey, javelina and buffalo, after the department determined it could not resolve concerns that its online service provider could adequately perform under its contract.

Hunters applying after May 21 must submit a paper application form by mail. Paper applications can also be hand delivered to department offices.

The application deadline for the fall hunts has been extended from June 12 to June 26. All applications must be received by the department by 7 p.m. (MST) on June 26; postmarks don’t count.

Printed application forms and 2007-08 Hunting and Trapping Regulations are available at all license dealers and department offices. They can also be downloaded from the department’s Web site at azgfd.gov/draw.

“Hunters who already applied using the online process do not need to resubmit a paper application,” says Harry Seck, assistant director for special services for the Arizona Game and Fish Department. “Their online applications will be valid for the fall big game draw, and we’ll be mailing them letters to that effect.”

Hunters submitting paper applications must remember to include their tag and application fees, and license fee, if they haven’t already purchased a hunting license. Those fees can be submitted by personal check, cashier’s check or money order.

Department officials suspended the online process on May 21 after canceling the contract with its online service vendor. At issue was the vendor’s inability to meet a performance bond requirement, and this undermined the department’s confidence in the vendor.

“We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause some of our customers,” says Seck. “The department, however, could not accept what the vendor offered to resolve this issue.”

The correction period for those applying with a paper form has been extended from May 30 to June 6. If a submitted paper application contains an error and is received by June 6, the department will make three attempts within a 24-hour period to notify the applicant by telephone, if a telephone number is provided on the application.

Despite the changes in the draw application process, there will be no effect on the draw itself or how it is conducted. Draw results will be available online at azgfd.gov no later than Aug. 10, and hunt permit-tags for successful applicants will be mailed out no later than Aug. 10.

Refund warrants will be mailed out no later than Aug. 24, a week later than originally scheduled.

The department will accept first-come applications for leftover tags, if available, beginning at 8 a.m. on Aug. 20, a week later than originally scheduled. First-come hopefuls must apply by mail only, using paper application forms.

The department also announced that the option to purchase hunting and fishing licenses online or by telephone has been suspended indefinitely.

“The application process may be changing, but we’re doing everything we can to make sure this year’s draw will run smoothly and with as little inconvenience to our customers as possible,” says Seck.

More information on the fall big game draw can be found on the Arizona Game and Fish Department’s Web site at azgfd.gov/draw.

Wow, I wonder how THAT will affect the odds.
Got my on-line apps done Sunday, 5-20

Hey Big Fin, you get that deer app in yet ?

Hopefully it will finally convince them to go with the best vendor instead of the cheapest. Or maybe just do away with online all together.

A-Con:

I am in. Completed it a couple weeks ago. I have the receipt from my application, so they cannot refuse me a strip deer tag this year, right?

Good luck!

It's in the bag buddy, I went Kaibab, so no chance of us drawing each others tag. Good luck, may the force be with you.

After the CF they had last year I suspected it. It will come back once they find a reputable company to handle it.

Pete

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back