AZ bonus point / valid license?

Bullshot

The other day (2/3) I purchased an Arizona elk bonus point. During the process, the question regarding the valid license field was pre-populated with my existing licence #. I completed the checkout,
got my receipt. Done. Except now I see that my existing license has since expired on the 5th. Anybody know if I will still get the bonus point, now paid for and confirmed, for this year?

It states your license needs to be valid on draw deadline date. I personally would be hesitant to take the risk. Especially if it puts your loyalty point in jeopardy

By regulation it needs to be valid on the 8th. In practice, I'm not gonna say. I will note that my 2020 license expired on Feb 10 2021. I bought a new license last month with a start date of Feb 8 2022 and immediately went in and applied for Elk and Antelope. Portal shows my license as valid even though it has a start date of Feb 8 and both apps are showing on the app page.

Does anyone know if you can change/modify the AZ elk application after you have already submitted the app and paid for it?? I can’t figure it out..

Does anyone know if you can change/modify the AZ elk application after you have already submitted the app and paid for it?? I can’t figure it out..
No. Once submitted, you're in. See Finn's Fresh Tracks + Arizona video.

I meant to put a late rifle elk hunt for 2nd choice but instead it’s an early archery elk...it’ll be ok. Thank you
Well now I wish you could change it. Both of my choices are archery. I don't need more competition for a tag!

The other day (2/3) I purchased an Arizona elk bonus point. During the process, the question regarding the valid license field was pre-populated with my existing licence #. I completed the checkout,
got my receipt. Done. Except now I see that my existing license has since expired on the 5th. Anybody know if I will still get the bonus point, now paid for and confirmed, for this year?
Same thing here.

When I bought mine last year. My first year applying there so I called. The lady said I needed to make my effective date for my license Feb. 7th so I would be covered for this years draw too. Obviously that didn’t happen. Which they had a lot going on with the system change at that time so…

I just went ahead and bought a new license. Got to apply for deer later this year anyway.

But a new license starting feb 8 2022 and it will cover next years draw. You have an invalid license for buying a point for this years draw.

Yeah so every 6 or 7 years the calendar falls back and you can’t make 2 years last with one license. I had not looked to see that next year doesn’t work.
This is right. I was on phone with AZ g&f a few days ago. When I mentioned using the license 2 years in a row she said it won't work next year.
I asked her why and she said she wasn't sure but maybe because of leap year. While I was on the phone I looked up the next leap year and it's not until 2024. I told her it wasn't leap year next year and she said the dead line is on the 2nd Tuesday of February and sometimes this makes the deadline later and you can't double use same license twice.
Next year the 2nd Tuesday in February falls on the 14th so this year's license if starting on the 8th will expire the 8th next year.

New member here....and still trying to get my replies to be able to start a new thread...I'm jumping on this thread because it appears to be the most applicable to my question.

I just purchased my 2023, NR combo license. This should allow be to purchase/apply for my preference point.

However, when I try to apply for the preference point the webpage doesn't allow me to do so.

Is the 2023 draw application open?

Thank you

New member here....and still trying to get my replies to be able to start a new thread...I'm jumping on this thread because it appears to be the most applicable to my question.

I just purchased my 2023, NR combo license. This should allow be to purchase/apply for my preference point.

However, when I try to apply for the preference point the webpage doesn't allow me to do so.

Is the 2023 draw application open?

Thank you
Not yet

Anybody that is buying a license this year, set the "start date" to 2/14/23 (last day of app period). You can apply as soon as the draw is open, just auto fill the license number. You will get 2 years off the license for the Elk draw. If you apply for all species, you will get 3 years from 2 licenses buying last day of 2023 Elk, then last day of 2024 Deer app periods.

1st license; Elk/Deer/Elk
2nd license; Deer/Elk/Deer
3rd license; Elk/Deer/Elk

Anybody that is buying a license this year, set the "start date" to 2/14/23 (last day of app period). You can apply as soon as the draw is open, just auto fill the license number. You will get 2 years off the license for the Elk draw. If you apply for all species, you will get 3 years from 2 licenses buying last day of 2023 Elk, then last day of 2024 Deer app periods.

1st license; Elk/Deer/Elk
2nd license; Deer/Elk/Deer
3rd license; Elk/Deer/Elk
This sounds complicated. Might be easier to just take the 160 bucks or whatever and light on fire every couple years. Same chance of drawing a licence and save ya a few pennies on firewood, oil or gas.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back