Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

AZ 5B Late Rifle Bull

HighDesertSage

I am thinking about throwing my name in the hat for this tag. I would love to talk with anyone who has had this tag in the last few years.

Also, the way I understand the AZ draw process, your first two choices are the ones that really count. Is this correct. Is my first choice the one that matters the most or are 1st and 2nd equals. I hope that makes sense. As always thanks for the help.

Here is something I found:

BONUS PASS: Random numbers assigned. Lowest random number of the person with the highest number of points is looked at first for their first choice. The first draw is called the "Bonus Pass" draw. This draw could be likened more like a "preference point" draw, since the tags in this pool are issued to those with the most points. In the bonus pass only the applicants with the most points for a given hunt are drawn. In this draw 20% of the tags are issued. If during this draw and up to 5% of the tags are issued to non-residents. Let's say however that you are in the bonus pass draw for your second choice tag, however because your first choice took 5 more points that you had, you are not eligible for a "bonus pass" tag for your first choice. If I understand the draw, it would be possible to draw tag number 1 or tag number 2 for that given hunt, and yet draw your second choice.

1-2 PASS: New set of random numbers assigned with one for each point you hold prior to the draw. You use your lowest random number as your number.They start with the lowest random number. This is the second draw called the "1-2 Pass" draw. In this draw your bonus points give you a greater chance to draw. Non-residents at most drew 5% of the tags in the Bonus Pass. During the 1-2 Pass non-residents can draw UP TO 10% of all tags less any tags NR drew in the Bonus Pass draw for the non-residents for a given unit. If your number comes up in the draw, and your first choice is already full, but there are still tags remaining in the second choice pool, you will receive a tag.

Last edited:
Simple answer, they look at both 1st and 2nd choices for both draws. Forget about a 3rd unless you put a cow hunt in there and that'll cost you your points as well.

Back