AZ 12 AW Late

LIK2HNT

I have enough points to draw this tag next year (probably could have draw this year) and would like to go down and scout the area. Is around Christmas to late? My work shuts down for over a week then and since I have to take vacation anyways, I thought I would put it to good use. Will the bucks that made it through the hunt still be in the same general areas that they were during the hunt, or do they migrate down further after season? Will snow be a problem for getting around? What would be the best time to scout and check out the area, or would it just be better to show up a week before the hunt next year? Thanks in advance for any information provided.

Bill

highway 67 is closed at Jacob lake after the late hunt ends. it may even be closed before then depending on how much snow they've had. it does not re open until mid may. you might be able to access the west side game road (forest service road 22) just south of Fredonia. that will give you access to a lot of the lower elevation country. my opinion, your time would be better served taking an extra week before the season starts. Kaibab can get some ridiculous amounts of snow in the winter. you will not be disappointed with that tag.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back