AWESOME HUNT

Wglwrm

A while back I had posted, asking for info on unit 8 in Arizona for mule deer. Well our hunt is over and yeah it didn't happen. But what did happen, was being able to repay my amazing son for all he has done for me. Being at my side when times of PTSD reared its ugly face, the sleepless nights due to being afraid of sleeping because of nightmares and the long hard bouts of survivors guilt. With our tags still in hand, the deer were never my mission. As a parent we all know the most important things in life are seeing the excitement our children show, the smiles on their faces, a hug followed by an I love you. I was so fortunate to witness all that first hand when we came across the 35 antelope, 12 elk... 3 monster ass bulls, 8 turkey, 23 mule deer doe (all of which he had never seen before) and 4 javeillina and an ass load of squirrels (yes some of them made a very nice dinner). The excitement, the smiles, and the pure awe I saw in my son's face I knew deep in my heart I was able to only repay him a portion of what he has done for me. It was an awesome hunt... tags $150.00, hunt total $500.00, spending, time with my kid Priceless!!!
In one of the Fresh Tracks episodes a man said a hunt is not about filling a tag but the memories that are made is what makes a hunt successful. (Something along those lines)
Well big hank so true, so very true. I lived it for the past 10 days.
As my son said, this hunt is not over... we got next season to get a deer but a life time to spend with each other.

God Bless,
Wrm

Last edited:
Good to hear how much you enjoyed the hunt. Some of my favorite hunting memories were with my dad - years we didn’t see a deer but a great time together.

Sounds like you had a great hunt. Congratulations and enjoy those memories for a long time.

Excellent write up and congrats on the life long memories made with your son.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back