Caribou Gear

Availability of Game Processors in Eastern Montana

joens

Many of the ranchers around here have been taking cattle to the local meat processors due to the situation our country is in right now. One processor is booked through next April and will NOT be doing wild game this fall. another I know is booked through February. There are some others but I have no idea what the situation is with them. I do my own so am not worried personally but any of you out there that were planning on using a processor [at least around here] would be well advised to contact them ahead of time to verify availability.

One of the processors in my area will not accept big game as a result of CWD. mtmuley

Many of the ranchers around here have been taking cattle to the local meat processors due to the situation our country is in right now. One processor is booked through next April and will NOT be doing wild game this fall. another I know is booked through February. There are some others but I have no idea what the situation is with them. I do my own so am not worried personally but any of you out there that were planning on using a processor [at least around here] would be well advised to contact them ahead of time to verify availability.
Where is your area?

Hopefully Broadus Meats is still taking wild game. They did my elk last year and it's ther cleanest and best packed meat I have ever seen. 100% recommended if you're within reasonable driving distance.

C&K in Forsyth. I don't use a processor often but a couple years ago I was hunting in SE MT and decided have them make a few things. It was excellent! Clean, friendly, family owned. if they weren't so far from where I usually hunt I would have them do some every year.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back