ATV's should be banned.........

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> If they were kept to the same standard as any other vehicular traffic while hunting, I could ignore their presence. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Here, here! I agree with that. I have no problem with people who use them instead of a pickup, but going offroad, even if legal, gets my panties in a bunch.

Ah.. trouble in paradise.

We had several stands busted, by either hikers, horseback riders, or ATV's,in previous trips to AZ.

I don't have to deal with this much as almost all of the land we hunt in OK. is private and the majority of the land here is private.

I guess that is part of the price you have to pay for being able to hunt all that PUBLIC land.

I know that the issue is probably the ILLEGAL use of the ATV's. This is like other abuses out there. Why don't you gather up the offeners every chance you get, and push for stiffer fines to whomever can do something about the price of those fines.

I know that I seen some trails straight up the side of some used to be very scenic hills. It is a shame that the riders don't care anymore than they do.

PWC, is another issue, that is creating a stir.

Bruce, I can sum it all up for you buddy. One of this country's biggest problems is the younger generation's lack of respect. One thing about getting older, you can see what they can't see. Not because we are smarter but because we've lived alot longer.... something they still have to do. I have a bunch of butt-headed 20 year olds that ride their ATVs out in back of my place throwing dust all over the place (pssst..I strategically placed some roofing nails out there). These are the same kind of people that get in the fast lane with their cell phones, purple hair, pierced tongues etc. Same kind of people that say "yada yada yada" and "blah blah blah" lol, Damn kids. Bruce, come to think of it, we can call anyone under 50 a damn kid lol.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Silver Bullet:
Calling a fella that would like to see ATVs banned, a twin to feinstein or brady is assinine. Firearms ownership is a right, not given by anyone, but merely recognized and inumerated as such, by no less than the constitution of the United States. Riding an ATV is merely a privilege...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank you for the education Mr. Coors Light. I am well aware of what the Second Amendment is about. When someone says "Ban Them All", no matter what is being talked about, they are saying they have enough knowledge about that particular subject to deem me not worthy of participation. They know nothing about me, but instead assume I do not know enough to be responsible. So it is a proper comparison on that level.

edit - Maybe someone should ask Moosie to move this thread to SI.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 10-16-2003 13:25: Message edited by: HANGAR 18 ]</font>

Post moved to Sportsmans Issue with all the Other ATV topics
rolleyes.gif

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back